Ramp Agent Featured
- Berkeley, Missouri
- Job ID
Ramp Agent job at PrimeFlight Aviation Services in Berkeley MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team you will provide prompt and efficient service to our airline clients and their passengers by performing the following duties:
- Guide arriving aircraft to the gate safely without damage or injury
- Unload baggage and cargo in a speedy and safe manner
- Deliver arriving luggage to the claim area within client guideline
- Upload outgoing cargo and baggage according to load plan requirements
- Dispatch aircraft safely without damage or injury
- Maintain area cleanliness
- Periodically check the ground equipment for functionality
- Demonstrate regular predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving Customer Service Interpersonal and Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form.
No skills needed.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid State Driver s License with a verifiable safe vehicle operating record.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Most work is in an outside environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Repeatedly lift 70 pounds or more:
- Must be able to lift push pull or carry heavy bags
- Must be able to bend stretch twist squat and reach out with the body arms and/or legs
- Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage
- Use hands to finger handle or feel
- Be able to work in tight spaces
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Because the job involves heavy physical work it is important to be physically strong.
Employee benefit plans and 401K programs effective on the first of the month after completing 60 days of employment
Are you interested in working in an Airport environment in an Aviation Job or a related career? We have Cargo Jobs Warehouse Jobs Logistics Positions and Package Handler Positions available within our Cargo locations. As part of a large network employees also have access to advancement opportunities across the U.S. including Baggage Handler Ground Handler Jobs management positions and various other Airport Positions.
PrimeFlight Aviation Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.