AP Mechanic Helicopter Urgent
- Kankakee, Illinois
- Hourly $45,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Job ID
AP Mechanic Helicopter job at Pentastar Aviation in Kankakee IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
A & P Mechanic - Helicopter
Location: Kankakee, Illinois
An A and P Mechanic is expected to provide the highest quality comprehensive aircraft maintenance services in accordance with applicable FAA regulation and OEM recommendations on a cost effective basis, resulting in exceptional customer satisfaction levels, maximum aircraft availability and asset value retention.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Remains abreast of regulatory and industry developments as they pertain to aircraft maintenance, support services and related techniques. Maintains a level of qualification/currency that ensures the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities are carried out with a degree of expertise consistent with the company’s responsibility to maintain aircraft with the highest possible degree of safety, airworthiness and operational readiness.
2) Remains thoroughly familiar with inspection methods, techniques and equipment used to determine the quality and/or airworthiness of the aeronautical product being maintained or altered. Understands current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations and procedures established by equipment OEM(s) and other acceptable data.
3) Maintains current knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 1, 21, 25, 39, 43, 65, 91, 119, 135 and 145.
4) Assures that aircraft maintenance documentation supplied provides the basis for a well organized and comprehensive aircraft permanent maintenance record keeping system that fulfills the maintenance performance and recordkeeping requirements of FAR Parts 43.9, 43.11, 91.417 and 135.411(a)(1). Generates permanent aircraft maintenance records for work performed in house. Assists with maintenance of filing systems for all permanent records
5) Assists with the planning and accomplishment of all scheduled and non-scheduled aircraft maintenance, remaining as adaptable as possible to changing flight schedules thereby ensuring continued airworthiness and regulatory conformance.
6) Assures that conformity with the PACI manual system and applicable FAA regulatory requirements are maintained.
7) Assures that needed postflight checks, discrepancy correction and servicing are completed immediately following the termination of each trip at the aircraft’s home base, thereby assuring continued operational readiness.
8) Has responsibility to maintain all ground support equipment related to this operation.
9) Maintains a safe work environment and related practices relative to aircraft maintenance.
10) Fosters and promotes teamwork through constant demonstration open communication, candor, and a consistent spirit of cooperation.
11) Communicates any observed deficiencies or adverse trends to superiors on a timely basis.
Minimum Educational/Training/Competency Requirements:
1) High School Diploma
2) FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings
3) Technically proficient in the maintenance of modern corporate aircraft
4) High levels of computer literacy and ability
5) Full understanding of FAA regulations and OEM publications relative to the performance of aircraft maintenance, regulatory compliance, and the content, form and disposition of permanent aircraft maintenance records
6) Minimum 5 years helicopter experience required.
The incumbent must hold a current and valid FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings.
Experience with FAR 135 operations desired.
Equipment: Airbus 135 P1
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Pentastar Aviation Company Overview
Company Overview Pentastar Aviation Oakland County Int`l Airport 7310 Highland Road Waterford, Michigan 48327 USA www.pentastaraviation.com For more than 50 years, Pentastar Aviation has delivered unparalleled corporate air travel and support services. From managing fleets of corporate aircraft and helicopters to servicing and maintaining exceptional business-class jets; from providing award-winning... Benefits: We offer great benefits, highly competitive compensation, and a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. Our benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Short and Long-term Disability, Employee and Dependent Life Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) Paid holidays, Paid time off. We care about the employees at Pentastar! Supported Manufacturers: Gulfstream, Falcon, Sovereign, Lear, Hawker Beechjet and a Saab-340 Supported Models: Gulfstream G-V, Gulfstream G-IV, Falcon 2000, Citation Sovereign, Citation XLS. We also charter a wide range of small, medium and large jet aircraft through our network of approved charter vendors.