Cass Analyst Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Cass Analyst job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm occasional extended period of time as necessary)
• Reports To: CASS Quality Assurance Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Travel is required for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As the CASS Analyst you will impact PSA Airlines business growth through your responsibility of collecting analyzing and reporting CASS data gathered through the root cause analysis process. In supporting the efficient operation of the safety department you will ensure that company procedures are reliable.
• Using analytical and technical skills develop analytical tools/reporting that captures the data needed to measure and report internal analysis and trending of qualifying hazard events quality audit(s) investigation(s) and safety data.
• Maintain and continually develop data collection/input system for CASS through the use of the root cause analysis process.
• Continuous develop of and maintaining the CASS database system.
• Compilation of data for and timely issuance of CASS reports agendas and minutes to company personnel and FAA.
• Interface with maintenance operational and reliability departments to determine root cause of system deficiencies of
• Maintenance and Inspection programs.
• Utilize available applications/tools to develop adhoc/automated reporting for all levels of the organization.
• Aiding risk management in Maintenance and Inspection programs by hazard identification in management and efficiency of operational controls utilizing operational quality audit(s) root cause analysis investigation(s) and safety data.
• Conduct analysis of operational quality audit(s) investigation(s) and safety data to present trends assess risk and provide mitigation recommendations to management through MDAG.
• Interfaces with audit departments to identify and prioritize audit areas using risk assessment methods.
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and
• Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence the Manager of CASS & Quality Assurance will re-assign tasks.
• Attend CASS Review Board Meetings.
• Attend MDAG Meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• Associates degree in engineering or aircraft management operations or 4 years aviation experience
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Bachelors degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety
• Three years experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Ethical conduct
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
• AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1512
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.