Supervisor Of Quality Control Featured
- Greer, South Carolina
- Job ID
Supervisor Of Quality Control job at PSA Airlines in Greer SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Quality Control Supervisor
• Location: Greenville/Spartanburg SC
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time 3rd shift
• Reports To: Chief Inspector
• Direct Reports: yes (number varies based on location)
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Quality Control Supervisor impacts PSAs safety of its employees and customers; ensuring our aircraft arrive safely and on time to each destination. This position provides direct supervision of inspectors at assigned stations and are responsible for employee relations compliance and training of the maintenance facility.
• Plan direct layout and coordinate the activities of the inspection department at the assigned base.
• Ensure the Airworthiness Directives being performed at his/her station are in compliance with Airworthiness Directive.
• Indoctrination recurrent and any necessary update training of assigned inspectors.
• Coordinate with the Chief Inspector or his/her designee about calibrated tools that need sent out for calibration or repair.
• Maintain inspector schedules to ensure adequate coverage is provided.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Planning Department on the scheduled work load for each aircraft to ensure sufficient time and access is provided to complete the maintenance.
• Make recommendations for possible adjustments in methods and procedures to increase safety and aircraft reliability.
• Issue Temporary RII Authorizations as necessary.
• Oversee the maintenance facility to ensure compliance with company policy.
• Complying with applicable company policies procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A&P license
• 3 years experience on large aircraft
• One year as a maintenance inspector
• Knowledge of applicable FARs and General Maintenance Manual
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment including eye and hearing protection
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving/analysis
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Title: Supervisor of Quality Control
Requisition ID: 2021-2643
Street: 2100 GSP Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.