Associate Recruiter Hot
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Associate Recruiter job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Work Schedule: Full Time (some evening and weekend hours expected)
• Reports To: Manager Pilot Recruiting
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As the Associate Recruiter you will impact PSA Airlines growth by building and executing all phases of the recruiting process. Through your recruiting efforts to attract and engage candidates you will be directly impacting the candidate experience along with ensuring that PSA selects the best talent.
• Lead the pre-screening stages of the hiring process per PSA guidelines.
• Screening: Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume track record / experience pre-screening assessments preliminary interviews (phone / video) that assess candidates experience knowledge and skills using behavioral and competency-based questioning techniques and recommend top candidates to Recruiter for next steps.
• Events: Assist with interview events coordinating recruiting partner schedules (Flight Attendants)
• In conjunction with the Flight Attendant Recruiting Coordinator:
• Initiate industry-regulated criminal background checks and drug screening requirements per legal guidelines.
• Disseminate related onboarding materials.
• Ensure smooth transition of new hire processing up until Day 1 Orientation.
• Accountable for timely and accurate communication to all key stakeholders in the hiring process.
• Assist Recruiters and Hiring Managers in efforts to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount turnover and changing talent needs.
• Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
• Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs professional associations technical schools and outplacement services etc.
• Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
• Review recruiting trends best sources and recruiting metrics.
• Update Application Tracking System (ATS) with candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Every team member is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for Newton data management.
• Review new applications daily responding to each individual within seven (7) business days of application receipt.
• Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
• Assist with providing Recruiters and leaders weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
• Attend Recruiting meetings share knowledge and skills with teammates and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
• 0-2 years experience or exposure to high volume recruiting
• Creative sourcing / attraction of talent; ability to build a talent pipeline and bench
• Knowledge of social networking platforms online communities conferences and other sourcing channels
• Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word Excel Powerpoint Outlook
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• BS/BA degree
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and CRM tools
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer focus
• Time management
• Problem solving
Work Enviroment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on-the-road. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2696
Street: 4800 Hangar Road
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.