- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Safety and Compliance Specialist – OSHA/EPA/Hazmat
Department - Safety
Location - Vandalia OH (Dayton International Airport)
Reports to: Director of Safety
Summary/Objective: The Safety and Compliance specialist is responsible for OSHA EPA and Hazmat compliance in the company.
- Maintain PSA OSHA policies and procedures per the OSHA standards.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Training department to ensure the creation and execution of an effective OSHA training course.
- Work with each of the Maintenance bases and PSA facility buildings to maintain compliance and answer any OSHA related questions.
- Work with the Internal Audit and Evaluation Program (IAEP) to ensure that these items are monitored through routine audits.
- Assist each facility with developing and maintaining an Emergency Action Plan to include evacuation maps drills tornado shelters etc.
- Develop general OSHA training for the company.
- Work with the Stores Department to develop an Environmental Protection plan for PSA.
- Ensure compliance with all EPA standards and oversee the creation of the Environmental Coordinators in each of the stations that meet the requirements of a small quantity waste generator.
- Develop company procedures/training/awareness on local fire code and work with IAEP to ensure that these items are monitored through routine audits.
- Act as the SME for Hazmat.
- Develop policies procedures and training to ensure we remain in compliance with hazmat regulations.
- Participate in SMS data analysis group meetings.
- Present safety and compliance data to senior management.
- Responsible for the OSHA Compliance Management and tracking of injuries.
- Coordinate track and report all injury/illness accident and incident reports and investigations.
- Oversee the Maintenance Technician hearing testing for each base. Develop a hearing conservation program if necessary.
- Responsible to update and maintain the Safety Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Prepare and distribute reports to federal state and local safety authorities as required.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- In absence the Director of Safety will handle and re-assign tasks.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to perform statistical analysis; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs. Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Occupational Safety Required. Two years of industry experience preferred. Previous OSHA/EPA Experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. Must be able to obtain OSHA/EPA certification within first six (6) months in the position.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Repair Analyst - Vandalia OH
Quality Assurance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Technical Support Specialist - Vandalia OH
Technical Support Specialist - OH
Technical Support Specialist - Charlotte NC
Maintenance Technical Trainer - Vandalia OH
Crew Planner - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
Crew Planner - Vandalia OH
Manager of Procurement - Vandalia OH
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The companys more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airlines growth plan was announced in December 2013.