Air Operations Specialist Featured
- Arlington, Virginia
- Job ID
Air Operations Specialist job at PSA Airlines in Arlington VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Air Operations Specialist
• Location: Varies
• Work Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (occasional hours may vary and duty may be extended)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Inflight
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local Candidates Preferred
• Travel: None (0%)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
: The Air Operations Specialist supports the Air Operations Department through administrative and office support and special project management. This position carries out a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to: communicating via phone and email ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
• Administrative Audit during the blend (last week of month through first week of month) to identify transferring Crewmembers Inbound and outbound and plan their badging parking organizational needs to include create v-files. Communicate information with these CMs through a welcome letter.
• Provide direct support and communication to Pilots and FAs daily regarding Badging parking and company forms.
• Maintain spreadsheets of issued parking passes SIDA badge (expiration dates etc.) Compare lists provided by the local Airport Authority and audit work. Track terminations and returned Company Items for payroll purposes (iPad tablets parking passes crew badges etc.) communicate with returns department.
• Base Maintenance – make sure base is properly maintained and needs communicated. Check Computers as working order supplies as needed manage the FED Ex requirements for transporting company items/weekly deliveries.
• Assists Leadership by providing detailed operations performance summary and reports including Right Start reporting to support Crewmember needs and reduce delays.
• Provides enhanced communication with Flight Attendants who have experienced irregular operations/injuries/etc. by responding to Operations reports. Acts as a Liaison between Inflight and other departments for safety concerns.
• Acts as a Special Events Coordinator for base activity and to encourage Employee Engagement.
• Represents Air Operations through communication/relationship building with TSA Airport Authority Ground Operations partners and Vendors.
• Barclays point of contact for the base to include receipt and management of applications and communication for stock needs.
• IOE point of contact for IOE packets ensures bases are stocked with FA IOE and Line Check packets as well as Pilots IOE packets. Request supply as needed.
• Special Air Operations Project Management – Receive trainings as needed for system build process for handling data organize findings and communicate with various departments and provide education and follow up to Pilots and FAs as needed. Project management may be in SMS Delay/Cancel management Customer focus spreadsheet and our new audit management process (to create an electronic/reporting platform) – These are High focus areas of concern for PSA performance.
• Manage K2 project from an Inflight Perspective regarding delay programs. Read evaluate and forward reports in a timely manner and respond as necessary.
• SMS WBAT management -read and evaluate In Flight irregular operations reports as forwarded in a timely manner and respond as necessary.
• Conduct Station visits to improve Right Start and on-time departure establish relationships with Station personnel and provide insight and analysis – conduct compliance rides and other audits as needed.
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Required Technical Skills and experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to speak/read/write in English.
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
• Previous experience in airline operations
• Knowledge of K2 programs Tableau and Crewtrac systems
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving/analysis
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and in an airport terminal. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2716
Street: 2401 Smith Boulevard
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.