Manager Aircraft Component Repair Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manager Aircraft Component Repair job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Management of the Component Repair and Warranty Analysts and their daily activities in the repair process.
- Manages the vendor selection process including analysis of vendor proposals in conjunction with key stakeholders in the maintenance and finance organizations.
- Mentors and coaches team members to develop the team cross functionally within the department. Identifies candidates for successor planning and assists in successor planning program.
- Partners with the Quality Assurance team to ensure proper management of PSA’s AVL and all necessary compliance and audit requirements with the FAA.
- Ensures that warranty is captured and properly tracked and administered on all repairs and overhauls from approved MRO vendors new aircraft purchases and new component purchases.
- Maintains industry visibility and engagement to source new partners utilizing innovative and approved techniques to drive cost savings reliability and lead times.
- Utilizes Tableau and advanced data mining techniques to design productivity dashboards build metrics for team and vendor performance and utilize information to create action plans for improvement.
- Partners and serves as a liaison between external vendors and Tech Services/Engineering to incorporate PMA parts wherever available.
- Leads and trains team members to review manufacturer SB’s to ensure proper compliance with repairs and track any necessary FOC SB’s; additionally partners with Maintenance Planning and Maintenance Programs to ensure component availability and serviceability for planned upgrades and service checks.
- Maintains close relationships with current vendors tracks issues and helps to troubleshoot production issues and anticipates and raises potential concerns with vendor reliability engineering techniques or production capabilities and makes necessary corrections to mitigate impact to the company.
- Partner with Finance to complete financial and productivity analysis on vendor contract or contract amendment proposals responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s and reliability initiatives.
- Serves as an SME when required for activities related to the implementation and training on the Maintenix implementation project and ensures future ERP system stability and best practices.
- Manages continuous improvement techniques to create more efficient processes and work streams which drive an increase in cost savings and effectiveness.
- Engage across company departments to gather information and clearly communicate ideas and initiatives to all levels of management up to and including the President.
- Effectively manage and operate within the approved operating and capital budget partner with Finance to complete analysis and forecasting to build the annual operating plan.
- Serve as a lead and Project Manager for various other projects related to complex assembly such as APU Landing Gear and Engine repair and overhaul programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Engineering Operations Management Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of an equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience preferably in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in attracting selecting and developing technical teams that can pull together to quickly overcome obstacles
- Proven ability to manage multiple vendors
- Strong technical consulting/customer service background as well as excellent oral written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle operational issues effectively understanding escalation communication and crisis management
- Previous contract development and negotiations
- Previous development of budgets forecasting and operational expenses
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- Gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
- Gained experience in leading multi-discipline high-performance work teams/groups
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- MBA or other advanced degree/qualification
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- Engineer DER or ability to obtain DER
- Skilled in creating annual budgets and tracking to make sure they are met
- Demonstrate problem solving skills have strong presentation and analytical skills and possess a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan requirements three to five years in advance and aid others in accomplishing annual goals
- Ability to develop and lead efficient and motivated teams across multiple platforms and in varying environments
- Identify group conflict and facilitate resolution
- Must be goals oriented and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Lead both technical and non-technical discussions
- Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments
- Develop and present business case and related ROI to senior management for justification of investment in upgrades or replacement of hardware/software
- Conceive solutions build consensus and sell/execute solutions
- Comfortable with making decisions monitoring progress and reporting results
- Strong planning/organization capability and ability to make major decisions quickly
- Ability to work and manage both on-shore and offshore resources
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.