Ground Instructor Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Ground Instructor job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Full-time
(occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations)
• Reports To: Ground Training Supervisor
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Occasional travel may be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Ground Instructor impacts PSA Airlines training of all required materials to incoming PSA pilots. Responsible for ground school modules recurrent ground school and basic indoctrination this position ensures pilots are properly trained and ready for flight.
• Planning and efficient scheduling of all Ground Instruction activities.
• Developing printed and/or electronic course ware and revising training documents as needed.
• Responsible for course-ware development and course content.
• Teaching any new curriculum as required to meet the changing training needs of PSA.
• Ensures all ground training meets regulatory compliance standards and is properly documented in accordance with the PSA Training Manual.
• Provides a point of communication for students before and during Ground Training.
• Effectively and positively resolves issues related to hotel travel dress code behavior etc.
• Develop and publish all online tests and distance learning modules ensure compliance with completion standards and coordinate with payroll to ensure proper pay.
• Monitor student progress and intervene with additional training or counseling when needed.
• Responsible for making final determination regarding student performance and recommendation for simulator training.
• Responsible for maintaining operational effectiveness of IPTs FTDs iPads and VSIM.
• Ensures new hire pilots have completed required time verifications meet company minimums and properly prepare paperwork necessary for check-rides.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• PSA Airline experience alone with 1-2 years of experience as a flight instructor-simulator and/or airplane
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Associates or Bachelors Degree
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Multi-task projects with time sensitive deadlines
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2018-1317
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.