Chief Pilot Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Chief Pilot job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Manager Chief Pilot
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations; weekend work hours required)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Line Operations
• Direct Reports: Responsible for support counsel and supervision of flight deck crewmembers
• Relocation: Some relocation assistant available
• Travel: Travel is required of this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Our culture is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As the Manager Chief Pilot you will impact PSA Airlines operations by your responsibility to the overall support counsel and supervision of flight deck crewmembers. Through conflict resolution and provision you are aiding in ensuring quality service and customer satisfaction.
• In-depth knowledge of the POH and FOM as well as company operations and the manual system.
• Remain qualified/current on Company aircraft and operate revenue flying when necessary to ensure schedule reliability.
• Work with flight deck crewmembers to maintain the highest standards of conduct performance and competency.
• Participate in labor relations grievances between all pilot personnel and the Company
• Participate in hiring flight deck crewmembers
• Monitor pilot assignments.
• Organize and control documentation affecting the pilots personnel records (excluding training flight and duty and basic personnel records delegated to other departments).
• Knowledge and ability to follow the SMS philosophy and policies.
• Research and analyze operational issues to come up with root causes and recommended solutions using company SMS policies and philosophy. Ability to establish and maintain system of accountability capability commitment execution and results in sustainable ways.
• Assist the Assistant Director of Line Operations with any special projects as requested.
• Must have a full understanding of the operation with respect to aviation standards and safe operating practices 14 CFR Chapter 1 and operations specifications
• Previous managerial experience
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and on the line. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers desk and cell phones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1445
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.