- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manager of Fleet Administration
Location: Dayton OH
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
Summary/Objective: The Manager of Fleet Administration is responsible for the direct oversight of the Fleet Administrators. Primary responsibility is to lead mentor and implement strategic initiatives to ensure the team provides the highest level of technical service to the organization. The Manager of Fleet Administration will report directly to the Director of Technical Operations.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership and set expectations to Fleet Administrators.
- Develop and implement performance metrics for team of Fleet Administrators. Track performance and report to Director of Technical Services.
- Partner with internal and external departmental peers to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Design and implement efficient team schedules to cover 24/7.
- Identify team performance barriers and develop solutions for continuous improvement.
- Author team SOP’s to ensure consistent work processes are adhered to eliminating inefficiencies and mitigating non-compliance.
- Ensure team accountability by providing timely performance feedback and well-constructed performance reviews.
- Ensure team executes on primary responsibilities which include but not limited to providing technical expertise for long OOS aircraft production planning to expedite MEL removal 100% configuration control and compatibility of parts improve first time fix rate of tail specific reliability problems perform 24/7 analytics for MDC downloads initiate and build temporary repairs within M&E system and provide in-depth technical guidance to all internal and external team members.
- Prepare recommend and manage annual fiscal operating and capital equipment budgets for the department.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with no supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with responsibility for the overall supervision of all assigned management and support staff.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime position with an expectation of having the ability to be available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
Travel: Travel maybe expected of this position. Not to exceed 15%.
Required Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of seven (7) years of technical experience within a 49CFR Part 121 Airline Maintenance experience required. Current FAA “Airframe and Powerplant” license required. Minimum of three (3) years supervising a team is required. Strong communication and verbal skills is required. Strong analytical and aircraft troubleshooting skills is required. Advance ability in the use of tech data such as Wiring manuals Structural Repair manuals and Engineering Repairs. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Strong analytical skills advanced knowledge of FAA regulations.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Manager Pilot Development - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
Manager Maintenance Development - Vandalia OH
Manager OCC Development & Training - Vandalia OH
Manager Aircraft Component Repair - Vandalia OH
Manager Inflight Development - Vandalia OH
First Officer - Norfolk VA
Aviation Parts Manager - Pensacola FL
First Officer - Charlotte NC
Stores Manager CLT - Charlotte NC
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.