Part Time Security Assistant Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Part Time Security Assistant job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Part-Time Security Assistant
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Part-time (occasional extended period of time as necessary; hours will not exceed 29 hours per week)
• Reports To: Manager of Airport Operations Corporate Security and Emergency Response
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Security Assistant impacts PSA Airlines safety and security. Coordinating of all security related programs and the operational system this position ensures the compliance of PSA by interacting with company managers union representatives the TSA and the FAA.
• Assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines Inc.
• Maintain and assist in auditing the company databases for airline identification media United States
• Assist with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background checks Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
• Maintain company databases with regards to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with international security agencies.
• Maintain PSA Security Operations Manual.
• Assist in maintaining and administration of employee operations reporting systems and databases of flight operations ground in-flight disruptive passenger and passenger illnesses/injury to ensure integrity of reporting system.
• Organize review and ensure proper dissemination of all Security Directives Information Circulars TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
• Ensure daily review of the TSA security web board postings.
• Administrate and coordinate with American Airlines Legal all legal case files US Customs Violations and TSA letters of inquiry that could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty.
• Assist with the PSA Emergency Response Program.
• Complete monthly quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to the VPOS.
• Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• In absence duties performed by the Security and Compliance Specialist.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelors degree (or working towards advanced degree) in aviation
• Two years of experience in aviation administration
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Prepare presentations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
• AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1491
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.