Military Transition Program Airframe And Powerplant Technician Featured
- Job ID
Military Transition Program Airframe And Powerplant Technician job at PSA Airlines in OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Military Transition Program - Aviation Maintenance Technician
• Location: Charlotte NC Dayton OH Cincinnati OH North Canton OH Greenville-Spartanburg SC Savannah GA Pensacola FL Norfolk VA
• Work Schedule: Full Time Varied Shifts
• Reports To: Maintenance Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Occasional travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
As a selected member of the Military Transition Program our goal is assist you the aviation maintenance professional with the most practical and rewarding opportunity to take your military honed skills to the next level and obtain your FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant License. For those with current Airframe and Powerplant Licences please apply to one of our open Airframe and Powerplant Technican postings.
In this extremely competitive program we are seeking those skilled maintainers that desire to continue in their craft and seamlessly transition from military to commercial aviation maintenance. Our program designed for you is leading the industry in helping service members gain the skills and requirements to affiliate with a leader in the regional aviation industry.
The Aviation Maintenance Pathways program for military veterans provides a fully funded opportunity to obtain the FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant Licensure. Once selected to this program all candidates will be afforded:
• Fully funded Airframe and Powerplant course.
• Application Books Program Testing Lodging and travel to and from.
• An incidental per-diem will not be authorized for the purposes of this course.
Selected candidates are also eligible for a Sign-On Bonus Relocation Bonus (to certain facilities) and an Experience Bonus. In addition a tool procurement program is afforded as well.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As an A&P Technician you will impact PSA Airlines business growth by conducting aviation repairs and services that allow for operation to continue. In conducting maintenance procedures in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations and company standards you are ensuring safe and reliable flights.
• Will perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by him/herself and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Companys approved forms.
• Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employees own tools specialty tools provided by the Company the use of test equipment and Company-supplied technical manuals.
• In certain cases he/she may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
• Assure that hangar workshops and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
• Previous experience in United States Military Occupational Specialty within Aviation Maintenance
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid state-issued Drivers License
• Must have or be able to obtain FAA 8610-2 both A&P (Tickets)
To be successful at PSA you should be:
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2018-1380
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.