Quality Assurance Auditor Hot
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Quality Assurance Auditor job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Quality Assurance Auditor
• Work Schedule: Full time
• Reports To: Manager of Quality Assurance
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Frequent travel is necessary up to 50% occasionally with little advance notice given
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As the Quality Assurance Auditor you will impact PSA Airlines business growth through conducting and maintaining the auditing program. Through doing so you will promote safety and regulatory compliance within PSA.
• Responsible for accomplishing the audit function of the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) per 14 CFR 121.373 as directed by the Supervisor of Quality Assurance
• Executes thorough audits and evaluations of the Maintenance Department and associated facilities internal departments of the maintenance division records equipment and repair/overhaul component vendor agencies to include evaluations for adequacy compliance efficiency and safety ensuring compliance with applicable company policies procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Perform oversight of heavy maintenance contractors contracted outstation maintenance providers working on PSA aircraft and aircraft fuel vendors. Accomplish initial qualifying and recurrent audits per the Standards defined within the appropriate PSA manuals.
• Conduct all audit functions on a regular basis and selectively based on reliability findings of questionable performance.
• Manage audit functions in accordance with defined checklists forms and schedules.
• Create audit checklists as assigned
• Ensure assigned audits are tracked and performed within scheduled parameters.
• Interact with regulatory authorities.
• Reviews audits and reports discrepancies of adequacy compliance efficiency and safety to the Supervisor of Quality Assurance.
• Review and recommend revisions or additions to the defined checklists forms and schedules utilized in the audit activities.
• Ensure key PSA Airlines management personnel are aware of any and all potentially serious issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Quality Assurance and/or Manager of CASS & Quality Assurance.
• Assist and support the Vice President of Safety and other senior management in projecting a strong leadership presence with a commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
• To act positively cooperatively efficiently and expediently in carrying out all orders directives and requests from senior management.
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs. Foster an environment in which safety and compliance is everyones concern.
• In absence the Supervisor of Quality Assurance will re-assign tasks and will be responsible for the Auditing Program. In absence of the Supervisor of Quality Assurance Quality Assurance Auditors will report directly to the Manager of CASS and Quality Assurance.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient computer programs/skills: MS Word Outlook Excel and general internet applications
• Hold or be qualified to obtain a valid U.S. Passport
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Airframe & Powerplant License with 3 years Part 121 airline maintenance experience
• C.A.S.E. level III (1A) Certified Auditor rating
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication (oral and written)
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional environment located within the base hangar(s). This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2695
Street: 4800 Hangar Road
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.