Aircraft Dispatcher Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aircraft Dispatcher job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Dispatch License
- One year of previous Dispatch experience is preferred but not required.
- Preparation of the Dispatch Release considering weather planning fuel planning aircraft airworthiness and routing strategy for all aircraft under his/her operational control.
- Monitor the progress of and issue the necessary information for the safety of each flight under their operational control.
- Maintain flight and weather records in accordance with Federal Air regulations to include other data deemed necessary by the Company.
- Remain acutely aware of passenger loads and overall passenger service when flight planning taking into consideration Federal Air Regulations and prudent safety practices.
- Coordination of Flight activities (routine and non-routine) with various agencies and Company personnel involved in the operation of a flight under his/her control.
- Provide adequate assistance to crews and outstations in planning and expediting each flight under his/her control and consistently monitor factors (i.e. weather air traffic control maintenance etc.) which may affect the outcome of the flight.
- Respond to accidents/incidents by initiating notification and properly documenting all information.
- Assist the Dispatch Supervisor and Manager of Systems Control in maintaining the Flight Control Center with regard to equipment procedures and other operations and duties deemed necessary.
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.