- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Location: Dayton OH
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Communications and Development
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Now is an exciting time to join PSA! With an interesting fast-paced work environment and culture PSA has a long history of excellence that we’re proud to carry forward. Since 2014 PSA has tripled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft.
Environment: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the U.S. we have unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. PSA Airlines employs 3500+ professionals across multiple states to meet the expectations of American Airlines and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety performance and training culture.
: At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way
– exemplifying Passion Professional Excellence Safety Respect and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek to hire those who are excited to embrace the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a part of a high-performing team that is responsible for external and internal communications. This individual will work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to engage our audiences on key social media sites and engage our employees. This individual will execute and monitor all social media campaigns monitor and respond to engage audiences and will support all marketing activities. This person will assist with implementation of internal communications through all defined channels.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Marketing and Communications Specialist with day-to-day community management fan engagement page and content moderation and general outreach
- Schedule content and manage campaigns on external social sites including: Facebook Twitter Snapchat Instagram LinkedIn You Tube and Glassdoor
- Recommend and apply relevant social media techniques processes and tools to improve overall results and efficiency
- Recommend new social media tools sites and apps as part of the social media mix
- Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: pages sites blogs etc. on daily basis and post/respond on particular topics or in response to other posts/comments
- Prepare analytical reports and presentations on key social media stats
- Build and implement email marketing campaigns through CRM
- Support the Internal Communications Specialist with publication of weekly employee email newsletter postings to employee intranet site and manage distribution lists
- Manage weekly schedule of internal digital signage
- Manage implementation of internal employee surveys
- Attend PSA events to capture photos videos and provide social coverage
- Assist in coordinating marketing photo and video shoots
- Highlight and cover daily activities throughout the PSA operation
- Manage communications digital resources and assets
- Manage communications collateral inventory and printing process
- Provide administrative support and other duties assigned
Competencies and Knowledge: Understanding of the basic principles of communications and marketing. Exceptional creative writing and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exercise sound business judgment and handle confidential information with sensitivity. A keen attention to detail and accuracy. Strong creative design skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at various levels including executive leadership. Able to interact with many people and multiple interruptions while staying on task. Ability to perform projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Strong computer and technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Sharepoint. Experience using InDesign Adobe Photoshop and WordPress preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position 40 hours per week. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel: Minimal travel.
Required Education and Experience: 3-5 years of professional experience using communications mediums and social media for a business or organization to engage audience members. Bachelors degree in Marketing Communications or Journalism.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sexual orientation national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Airline Dispatch Coordinator - Vandalia OH
Operations Training Coordinator - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Recruiting Coordinator - Charlotte NC
Recruiting Travel Coordinator - Charlotte NC
CLT Base Operations Coordinator - Charlotte NC
ORF Base Ops Coordinator - Norfolk VA
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Quality Assurance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Safety Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.