Director Flight Operations Technical Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director Flight Operations Technical job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all standards established by PSA Airlines
- Implement safety risk management processes within Flight Operations that support the principles of the Safety Management System (SMS) and this policy manual.
- Enforce departmental safety objectives which support company goals through close coordination with the Company Safety Department.
- Serve as the direct liaison between flight operations and the FAA/CAA on matters of mutual concern including operating specifications de/anti-icing and operational concerns and act as a liaison with relevant external entities.
- Coordinate with Directors of Flight Operations and Flight Training and Standards to ensure operational safety and standardization of procedures.
- Develop and implement strategies communicating Company goals and department performance requirements to all department personnel.
- Recommend and communicate operational requirements to the Director of Flight Operations
- Provide research and development technical expertise and coordination in the implementation of new equipment procedures and policies.
- Analyze new products to ensure regulatory compliance safety enhancement and operational benefits.
- Supervise train monitor and assess staff member performance.
- Through the supervision of Fleet Management coordinate with Maintenance vendors and users to ensure an orderly introduction standardization and support of flight deck avionics equipment.
- Responsible for collaboration between Flight Operations and Fleet Management on operational airframe and aircraft technology issues.
- Through Fleet Management and external sources ensure Flight Operations performance achieves Company goals and objectives associated with achieving the optimum air traffic environment in NextGen.
- Provide recommendations on new modifications to equipment and/or flight deck configurations
- Provide research and development technical expertise and coordination in the implementation of new operations specifications
- Disseminate operations specifications and support information to flight crew regarding flight operations.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Quality Assurance on Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and MEL
- revisions for all aircraft types and control MEL document.
- Coordinate the Basic Operating Weight procedures with the Directors of Inflight Services Maintenance Operations Control Center Quality Assurance and Technical Services.
- Coordinate the Aircraft Operational Performance procedures with Directors of Maintenance Operations Control Center and Technical Services.
- Identify and communicate training needs to the Training Department
- Disseminate technical information to flight crews regarding flight operations dispatch procedures maintenance functions and ground operations.
- Maintain and monitor the construction content content revision currency and distribution of the Pilot Operating Handbook and Fleet Management publications.
- Maintain and monitor the construction content content revision currency and distribution of the Flight Operations Manual and Flight Operations publications.
- Responsible for EFB Program through Fleet Manager and EFB Program Manager.
- Attend Director’s Meeting and brief Executive Team as to current status of relevant areas of Flight Operations.
- Make recommendations for the flight operations operating and capital expense budgets
- Implement monitor and review the results of the Company Internal Audit Program
- Ensure corporate standards and affirmative action programs are communicated and implemented
- the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- work under pressure of changing priorities and deadlines
- interface with various levels of management employees and external agencies/professional associates/vendors
- work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- exercise good judgement and maintain strict confidentiality
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- knowledge of the internet and accessing other electronic information sources
- project a professional appearance and attitude
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good attendance and work record
- adherence to corporate standards and affirmative action programs
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- 14 CFR Chapter 1 (Federal Aviation Regulations)
- The certificate holder’s operations specifications
- All appropriate maintenance/airworthiness requirements of 14 CFR
- The manual required by 14 CFR 121.133
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The companys more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airlines growth plan was announced in December 2013.