Manager Of Manpower Planning Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Manager Of Manpower Planning job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Manager of Manpower Planning
• Location: Dayton OH
• Reports To: Director of Crew Planning
• Direct Reports: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Minimal travel is required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Manager Manpower Planning will oversee medium and long-term planning of crew resources for PSA airlines. This is a key role in determining the appropriate most cost-effective pilot and flight attendant resources to operate the airline flight schedule.
• Lead two manpower planning analysts in predictive manpower modeling analysis and reporting
• Responsible for all network schedule coordination analysis reconciliation and reporting as it pertains to crew resource planning
• Team lead for all training planning coordination analysis and reconciliation
• Will collaborate with key stakeholders on variances to plan gain alignment and develop cost-effective solutions
• Oversight of annual vacation process and associated analysis
• Lead development of a productive 360 planning review process and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Continuous improvement of processes technical tools and automation capabilities
• Provide data-driven decision support to senior management relative to manpower planning issues
• Represent Crew Planning at meetings relevant to staffing productivity and operational performance
• Partner with labor relations and union leadership to administer and improve the pilot and flight attendant Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) and provide subject matter expertise
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• 5 years of experience in crew planning manpower planning or related area
• 2 years of experience leading a team of high-performing analysts or planners
• Aptitude for logical analysis problem identification and problem solving
• Direct experience with the technology and systems used in resource planning
• High performance orientation with the ability to work well under pressure prioritize projects meet deadlines and maintain flexibility
• Proven knowledge of productivity drivers data mining trending and analysis
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Must be able to speak read and write in English
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Problem Solving
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Data Analytics and Diagnostics skills
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position.
Delegation: In absence the Director of Planning will handle all responsibilities
Travel: Required for this position
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2851
Street: 3330 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.