Director Of Aircraft Maintenance Planning And Scheduling Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Director Of Aircraft Maintenance Planning And Scheduling job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director of Aircraft Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Location: Dayton OH
• Reports To: VP of Maintenance and Engineering
• Direct Reports: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (extended hours may be required. On-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week)
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Minimal travel is required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
This position is responsible for creating and directing an industry leading maintenance planning & scheduling team. The business is set to grow creating the need for more robust planning and the opportunity to develop the function in line with the needs of the business. This is an important leadership role within the PSA Maintenance team with a strong hands on delivery component. This role requires a production-based mindset able to design implement and standardize new scheduling platforms. Must be both a creative and strategic individual who will drive our imperatives within a collaborative culture. The ideal candidate will have the leadership skills necessary to make sound business decisions identify and implement process improvement opportunities and to possess a visionary skill-set that results in world-class utilization and efficiency within the maintenance program.
• Leadership commitment and promotion of safety as a core value of the maintenance organization.
• Develop and implement organizational strategic initiatives that achieve performance-based results.
• Develop forecasting and resource planning capability within the organization to deliver end to end planning forecasting and scheduling in order to meet aircraft maintenance needs
• Provide accurate forecasting and analyzing data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis to provide supporting information to the Director of Maintenance and Director of Supply Chain to optimize maintenance operations production and inventory management
• Provide leadership to team with overall responsibility to develop short and long term aircraft maintenance plans to drive maintenance performance
• Responsible for providing leadership to direct staff to ensure the various teams incorporate continuous improvement methods to efficiently support maintenance production and the daily operation.
• Identify and implement strategies to reduce overall cost
• Manage short term and long term maintenance production capacity and scheduling
• Develops and fosters strong cross-divisional relationships while maintaining an open line of communication with the maintenance stations maintenance control and other work streams.
• Effectively and collaboratively work with Supply Chain on long/short term inventory situations
• Develop and manage reliable forecasting tools and KPIs that deliver high accuracy at monthly weekly daily levels which will provide relevant inputs to the maintenance production and supply chain teams to support business decision making.
• Ensures all key performance metrics are achieved regarding flight arrival departure and completion performance while also meeting company cost initiatives.
• Responsible for ensuring all required maintenance items that are scheduled and issued within time limit intervals specified by the Continued Airworthy Maintenance Program (CAMP) and approved by the FAA.
• Create update and maintain departmental GMM (General Maintenance Manual) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) manuals while ensuring all processes are adhered to.
• Strong ability to collect and analyze data for failure analysis and trending to improve team and operational performance.
• Technically savvy and able to tactically dissect maintenance requirements to guide team members in creating schedules that maximize productivity.
• Develops and executes production and capacity plans that will enable the organization to meet on-time performance objectives.
• Maintains close communications with maintenance operations regarding manpower/equipment requirements availability capacity backlog and priorities to ensure realistic and achievable schedules and loading parameters are continually maintained for the business.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• BS Degree in Maintenance Management or related field
• At least five (5) years experience within the last eight (8) years leading teams within a Part 121 airline maintenance planning/scheduling organization
• Effective leadership skills with a collaborative style
• Must be able to effectively communicate and work closely with various cross-functional groups in a matrix environment across multiple locations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required
• Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
• Experience using Omega (AMES) software
• Experience using Maintenix software
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Problem Solving
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Data Analytics and Diagnostics skills
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1542
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.