- Arlington, Virginia
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Regional Inventory Specialist
Location: Washington DC
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain Operations
Summary/Objective: The Regional Stores Supervisor manages inventory on behalf of the company in designated locations that support contracted maintenance. This position is tasked with maintaining proper inventory levels and uses PSA process and procedures regarding proper receiving inspection shipping storage and/or disposal of materials used in support of PSA fleet operations. This is done in accordance with the established corporate policies and procedures and FAA requirements.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Regional Stores Supervisor is based in a contracted maintenance location as a Stores Representative of PSA Airlines. This position is a highly autonomous position. The supervisor assists the Director of Supply Chain Operations and the Regional Stores Manager by completing the following activities in a timely manner per established company guidelines and performs all roles assigned by the Stores Manager in his/her absence:
- Orders all materials within established guidelines to meet planned maintenance and aircraft on ground (AOG) requirements.
- Performs the Receiving Inspection and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers within established standards and times.
- Assures that all parts issued and cores returned are accounted for from the contracted maintenance team on site on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all materials requested by the maintenance technicians are provided promptly to support line and overnight operations.
- Conducts daily physical inventory of materials and initiates replenishment activity per company guidelines.
- Ensures that all activities relative to AOG and after hour AOG support are carried out in the most safe expeditious and economical way possible.
- Ensures that material inspection of incoming parts is in accordance with procedures as determined by the Chief Inspector and that rejected materials are tagged and stored per the established guidelines.
- Establishes and manages the inventory control program to ensure accurate identification and retrieval of parts/materials in support of the PSA fleet requirements.
- Knows all aspects of Stockroom operations. This includes but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials hazmat receiving storage and shipping shelf life monitoring cycle counting as well as storage packaging receiving of materials and disposal of hazardous scrapping of BER materials per established company guidelines.
- Travels to other designated bases as required to ensure the above actions are undertaken in order to support said base in like manner.
- Other projects as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: Comfort in managing for results in a highly autonomous environment. The position requires the ability to prioritize and think independently to achieve company objectives. Successful candidate should have be able to use good judgement in unclear situations to accomplish PSA goals and objectives.
Other traits include: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; problem solving; communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel vendors and outside regulatory agencies; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs; use hands to grasp finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl use fine manipulations kneeling and repetitive motion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Travel: Extensive flexible travel will be expected with this position and will vary depending on base activity. Twenty five percent (25%) or more travel between bases could be expected.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver’s license. At least two years of facility maintenance experience preferred one year of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred. Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging and able to read blueprint and electrical schematics required.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aviation Parts Supervisor - Norfolk VA
Ground Training Supervisor - Vandalia OH
Aviation Parts Supervisor PNS - Pensacola FL
Stores Manager CLT - Charlotte NC
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic - Vandalia OH
Repair Analyst - Vandalia OH
Planning Admin - Vandalia OH
Crew Pay Analyst - Vandalia OH
Document Retention Clerk - Vandalia OH
Heavy Maintenance Representative - Bridgeport WV
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.