- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager
Location: Vandalia OH
Reports to: Manager of Maintenance Operations Control
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance Operations Control Duty Manager is responsible for the direct oversight of the Maintenance Operations Control center including the direct leadership of maintenance control activities and personnel. The Duty Manager will be accountable for operational decisions pertaining to the recovery of aircraft in support of the daily operation.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership training and work assignments to maintenance control staff to ensure team provides superior customer service.
- Provide oversight of all maintenance control center activities to include maintenance planning AOG desk coordination and fleet administration.
- Responsible for final approval on required OCF and ferry flights under the guidance of maintenance senior leadership.
- Accountable as the single point of contact for maintenance leadership for operational information.
- Collaborate with and provide tactical direction to maintenance facility leadership during IROP and out of service events. .
- Manage and report all irregular maintenance operations to maintenance senior leadership.
- Accountable for the safe and efficient return of out-of-service aircraft.
- Lead and participate in required cross-departmental meeting’s and conference calls. .
- Ability to author and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Maintenance Control Operations.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve maintenance operations performance and efficiency.
- During normal course of duty ensure the performance of maintenance meets regulatory requirements and is achieved in accordance with PSA manuals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive corrective actions following non-compliance events or operational incidents.
- Interface and collaborate with the OCC Duty Manager to provide solutions that best support airline operations.
- Manage and lead key maintenance department initiatives in support of meeting and exceeding established performance goals.
- Any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Control Manager.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with no supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with responsibility for the overall supervision of all assigned support staff.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime position with an expectation of having the ability to be available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
Travel: Less than 10% travel maybe expected of this position.
Required Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of five (5) years of technical and management experience within a 49CFR Part 121 Airline operation required. Current FAA “Airframe and Powerplant” license required. Strong communication and verbal skills is required. Ability to build an effective team comprising of peers and subordinates is required. Advanced technical degree in an aviation field or a closely related discipline preferred. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Previous maintenance control experience is preferred.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements essential functions and duties of this position.
Director Maintenance Operations - Vandalia OH
Manager of Fleet Administration - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
Operations Training Coordinator - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Management System Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager - Vandalia OH
Benefits Manager - Vandalia OH
Inflight Services Duty Manager DAY - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Controller DAY - Vandalia OH
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.