- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Maintenance Safety Specialist
Location: Vandalia OH
Reports to: Maintenance Safety Program Manager
Summary/Objective: Safety Specialist - Maintenance Safety Management System (SMS) is responsible for facilitating the advancement of the PSA SMS assist Base Managers on Root Cause Analysis Management of Change and Risk Assessments. Promote safety and compliance in the hangar environment. The successful Maintenance Safety Specialist will be a team player possessing excellent communication and organizational skills.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the PSA Safety Management System (SMS) covering all areas in the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for promotion of the SMS in the Maintenance Department.
- Facilitate the drafting and finalization of all SMS Risk Assessments and Management of Change forms.
- Input and maintain all of the SMS documentation into the SMS database.
- Monitors the effective implementation of policies procedures and programs through the Safety Assurance Process.
- Develop and issue relevant SMS communication throughout the company.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change within the Maintenance Organization.
- Assist in the development and presentation of SMS training of Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for Maintenance New Hire Safety presentations for all new Maintenance Technicians.
- Conducts comprehensive risk analysis audits and observations and works with management to develop mitigation strategies to address root causes.
- Conducts Safety Investigations of significant operational mishaps and performs Safety evaluations at facilities to proactively identify and mitigate safety and health hazards.
- Analyzes safety event data gathered from maintenance technicians to develop and improve safety programs and initiatives.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Responds to the issues raised by those reports by providing appropriate briefings to company management and posting Maintenance Safety alerts briefs and bulletins for maintenance employees.
- Interfaces with other departments FAA and union representatives regarding maintenance safety issues and programs.
- Develops and distributes maintenance safety articles alerts and briefs to communicate critical maintenance safety information.
- Represents PSA at industry meetings and exchanges industry safety information.
- Interface with the Maintenance Department by participating in the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) meeting.
- Supports the company accident/incident and injury-reduction efforts by developing proactive and educational safety programs and by sharing safety data and trends to reduce the frequency and severity of mishaps.
- Participates and works as a Go Team Member in an event of an accident.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- In absences the Maintenance Safety Program Manager will handle and re-assign tasks.
- Other duties and projects as assigned to support airline operations.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: Strong interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a non-supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs.; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Office hours are 0800 – 1700 with occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations.
Travel: Travel is required of this position.
Required Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation preferred. A&P Certificate preferred and/or an advanced technical degree in safety engineering or aviation related field or a closely related discipline. Minimum of two (2) years in the airline industry with at least one (1) year safety program experience preferred. Accident investigation and/or safety program experience required. Outstanding management and organizational skills required. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Previous Safety Experience preferred.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Technical Support Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Supervisor - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Manager Maintenance Development - Vandalia OH
Director Maintenance Operations - Vandalia OH
Curriculum Developer Maintenance - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Technical Trainer - Vandalia OH
Part Time Safety Assistant - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Controller DAY - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.