Aircraft Captain Hot
- Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Job ID
Aircraft Captain job at Corporation in Oshkosh WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Oshkosh we build serve and protect people and communities around the world by designing and manufacturing some of the toughest specialty trucks and access equipment. We employ over 15000 team members all united by a common purpose. Our engineering and product innovation help keep soldiers and firefighters safe is critical in building and keeping communities clean and helps people do their jobs every day.
R21396 CORPORATE AIRCRAFT CAPTAIN
The Oshkosh Corporation is now seeking qualified candidates for a Pilot In Command (PIC) position operating Challenger 604/605 aircraft. The two aircraft are based in Oshkosh Wisconsin (KOSH) and operate under FAR Part 91. The aircraft operate approximately 1000 hours including several oceanic trips annually. The aviation team is supported by 7 pilots 3 maintenance technicians and 2 scheduling personnel. This position is not commutable and pilots must live within a reasonable distance from the base. Challenger 604/605 experience is preferred but not required.
We are a forward leaning department that always looks for ways to improve our service increase our overall safety and stay ahead of industry trends and regulation. This is evident by our adoption of the IS-BAO guidelines obtaining our Stage I certification in 2011 and achieving the highest-level possible Stage III in 2018 as well as starting a NBAA Sustainability program in 2022. We have a diverse team with backgrounds in FAA Part 91 135 and 121. An active safety culture exists along with a collaborative atmosphere where inputs from all team members are valued and considered.
Continuing education and training are highly valued. Our pilots have all attended Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) and attend recurrent sessions and our technicians have all attained their Master Technician certification in the Challengers as well as obtaining Inspector Authorization (IA) certification through the FAA. Team members will also have the opportunity to attend such events as the NBAA International Operators Conference (IOC) as well as the Safety Standdown.
Quality of life is a key factor when looking for a long-term position and we strive to maintain it for our team members. A typical month for a pilot will consist of 10-12 days of flying with 4-6 overnights and 1-2 days of weekend flying. These numbers may vary due to training events vacations or company requests but they have been relatively stable over time. We are looking to hire the right person to become a long-term member of our dedicated team. Could it be you?
- Operate company aircraft in a safe and efficient manner while complying with established company policies and procedures abiding by all FAA and ICAO regulations and by the aircraft manufacturers recommendations.
- Provide exceptional customer service while assisting with passenger needs when they are aboard the company aircraft.
- Complete all flight planning duties as established in the company FOM; including ensuring FOM required documents have been prepared filed and all regulatory requirements have been met prior to departure.
- Perform aircraft preflight and preparation for assigned flights. Ensures that the aircraft is clean and prepared for flight.
- Participate in the Safety Management System (SMS) by identifying reporting and assisting in mitigations of safety related issues.
- Complete all required Company Department Regulatory and Aircraft specific training at the specified intervals.
- Assist Chief Pilot and/or Director of Aviation with requested tasks outside of flight assignments and assigned flight duties.
- Equivalent combination of education license certification and/or experience may be considered
- FAA Class 1 physical certificate
- FCC Radio License
- Valid Passport
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification with multi-engine land rating
- 3500 hours total flight time
- 2000 pilot-in-command (PIC)
- 500 hours of multi-engine jet pilot-in-command (PIC) experience
- One (1) or more years of corporate experience
- Bachelors degree in aviation
- Challenger 604/605 experience
- International experience in corporate aircraft
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process please contact us at: 920-###-#### or ...@oshkoshcorp.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporations legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons" as defined in these regulations. Generally a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen lawful permanent resident or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Oshkosh Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.