Embedded Systems Engineer Uas Sensors Avionics And Gnc Hot
- Lowell, Michigan
- Job ID
Embedded Systems Engineer Uas Sensors Avionics And Gnc job at Orb Aerospace in Lowell MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
STARTS JANUARY 2024
No Degree Required - Portfolio Required
In - Person
OrbOS is the software backbone to Orbs mission humanitarian aid aerial logistics. In this position you will work closely with the OrbOS lead and Electrical Engineering team to develop and integrate SOSA aligned sensor payloads and avionics with UAS and aircraft. You will contribute to big picture decision-making and have a very tangible impact on the mission. May be required to travel for demonstrations.
- Proficient C/C++ embedded programming.
- Has implemented networked sensors.
- Has implemented common sensor fusion techniques.
- Has implemented edge computing on small microprocessors.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Can make architecture decisions for computing across multiple processors.
- Can implement a testing framework and linter.
- Experience across SCRUM roles.
- Delivered at least one edge or IoT product to market.
- Python/Micropython/CPython familiarity.
- Comfortable making hardware purchasing decisions.
- Has worked on UAS.
- Has worked on projects under a government contract SBIR/STTR OTA/OTP.
- Excellent communicator
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Passionate about Orbs mission
- Interest in Aviation
$80000 - $120000 a year
Most engineers come to Orb to join an early team with unprecedented freedom to build the worlds largest humanitarian air force. We have a healthy standard equity rate that vests after one year. We see this as our long-term "inheritance" and salary as our immediate provision to execute on our "magum opus".
Orb Aerospace is an E-Verify Employer
Orb Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.