Flight Test Operator Hot
- Palo Alto, California
- Job ID
Flight Test Operator job at Opener in Palo Alto CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Beyond Roads: The Future is Electric
Openers BlackFly heralds a new era of aviation.
The dream of futurists has always been a flying vehicle capable of efficiently moving passengers from A to B. Opener is realizing this dream in the worlds first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicle: BlackFly. BlackFly is a story of technical evolution and vision. Our vehicles are intended to liberate us from the restrictions of two-dimensional road travel by opening up a new world of unfeathered three-dimensional flight. People will go places they never thought possible.
Opener is an aviation company based in Palo Alto CA. Our team shares a vision of a revolutionary form of personal transportation. We build pioneering technology in electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft. Were growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
- Keep aircraft fleet flight-ready
- Execute test plans with unmanned aircraft to test and optimize BlackFlys operational system and validate new hardware and software changes
- Assemble preflight and maintain aircraft and ground equipment at flight testing sites
- Become immersed in the design operation and maintenance of our aircraft
- Develop hands-on experience with aircraft subsystems
- Strategize with the team to coordinate logistics and validate aircraft
- Maintain aircraft airframe electronics and other components for operational
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and upgrades
- Cooperate with the team as pilot-in-command (PIC) for Part 107 operations
- Suggest and/or implement design and process improvements
- Compile and document findings results of tests quality or safety concerns
- Conduct UAV flight testing with Flight Testing Team at test sites (you may do up to 25% travel surveying sites or training
- A flexible work schedule may be an option Ex: 10hrs -12 hrs/day for 4 days/week
- Demonstrated hands-on experience through past work training and/or personal projects
- Strong attention to detail and safety-oriented mindset
- Comfortable managing and manipulating data and documentation
- Able to write in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with electronics batteries motors sensors and composites used in UAVs
- Part 107 Certificate
- Private Pilots License a plus
- A&P Mechanic a plus
- Interest in RC planes quadcopters or aviation
- Thrive in a fast-moving stimulating and collaborative team environment
- Resourceful curious never satisfied with the status quo
- Strong work ethic organized detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Always thinking about how to increase efficiency and improve processes
- Proactive about solving problems and suggesting solutions
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love for learning and being challenged
Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States and willing to work onsite at our HQ office in Palo Alto CA.
Opener offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical dental vision and 401k plans.
Opener is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Opener does not discriminate on the basis of race religion color sex gender identity sexual orientation age non-disqualifying physical or mental disability national origin veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications merit and business need.
Opener Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.