Respiratory Care Practitioner Full Time Nights Hot
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Job ID
Respiratory Care Practitioner Full Time Nights job at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Shift: Full time Nights Every other weekend 36 Hrs/week
$5000.00 sign-on bonus offered to practitioners with 2 years of experience.
Reporting to the Manager of Respiratory Care performs teaches and guides all forms of respiratory therapy chest physical therapy and cardiopulmonary diagnostics.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess and treat all age groups of patients from neonatal to geriatric; implements assessment/treatment based on the developmental stages of the patient. Involves family/guardian in plan of care and conducts patient family education as appropriate considering the developmental needs of the patient.
2. Administers all forms of respiratory therapy including medical gases medication delivery via the airways chest physical therapy pressure breathing treatments breathing retraining aerosol and humidity therapy. Understands the equipment indications contraindications hazards and adverse reactions of each mode of therapy.
3. Provides intensive respiratory care utilizing advanced techniques and specialized equipment; establishes and maintains an airway during CPR; performs external cardiac massage if necessary.
4. Performs arterial punctures to obtain blood gas samples blood gas analysis and related calculations; performs blood gas lab quality control.
5. Performs pulmonary function testing including spirometry lung volume and DLCO; performs related calculations and quality control.
6. Explains purpose and procedure of treatments tests and equipment to patient family and hospital personnel; develops and delivers home care instructions to patients.
7. Participates in continuing education at all levels within the department.
8. Performs patient assessment and evaluation of care; confers with nurses and physicians to optimize the care of the patient.
9. Initiates and maintains the appropriate records in the patient chart and on respiratory care records.
10. Provides guidance to Respiratory Therapy Techs as necessary.
11. Cleans repairs and maintains respiratory therapy equipment; maintains appearance of the department.
12. Performs selected duties of the Director in his/her absence eg. distributes staff assignments grants overtime as necessary accepts sick and absentee calls from staff authorizes equipment rental and activates disaster plan in case of emergency.
13. Adheres to all NCH hospital standards policies and procedures.
1. Graduate of an AMA approved school for respiratory therapy granting eligibility to take exams given by the National Board for Respiratory Care or Registered or Certified by the N.B.R.C.
2. Current Illinois Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure required.
3. Current CPR certification.
4. Advanced knowledge of acid-base balance blood gas analysis and interpretation and cardiopulmonary physiology.
5. The ability to remain calm in emergency and high pressure situations.
6. The interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients families physicians and hospital staff.
7. The written and verbal skills necessary to instruct patients families and hospital staff on respiratory care procedures and to do appropriate documentation.
8. Respiratory Care Practitioners assigned to the Emergency Department must demonstrate the ability to perform the associated competencies.
1. Moderate physical effort. Requires continuous standing walking or bending. May require frequent lifting or moving of average weight material or occasionally lifting or moving heavy weight material.
2. The flow of work and character of duties involves normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination.
1. Conditions are acceptable. At least one disagreeable element or hazard i.e. high pressure gases is frequently present in the environment while several disagreeable elements or hazards are occasionally present.
Job: Professional/ Technical Clinical
Title: Respiratory Care Practitioner -Full time Nights
Location: Illinois-Arlington Heights
Requisition ID: 210723
Northwest Community Hospital Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.