Assistant Chief Pilot
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Assistant Chief Pilot job at Nicholas Air in Oxford MS
Description, duties, responsibilities
NICHOLAS AIR is looking to hire an Assistant Chief Pilot. This role is responsible for supervision of assigned crewmembers and ensuring that the highest levels of safety and professionalism are adhered to in flight operations. The Assistant Chief Pilot reports directly to the Chief Pilot.
Overall Responsibilities of an Assistant Chief Pilot (ACP) include, but may not be limited to:
- An ACP shall report to and assist the Chief Pilot with directing and administering daily flight operations in accordance with established company policy and procedures to ensure the highest level of safety and professionalism.
- ACP authority includes supervision of assigned flight crewmembers to direct and guide operations in compliance with company standards and applicable rules and regulations. This includes:
- Crew schedule monitoring for compliance with company policy & Federal Regulations.
- Maintaining the Flight Standards Program.
- Participation and promotion of Safety Management System utilization.
- Develop, review, and maintain aircraft checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Issuing directives and notices when required.
- Perform Pilot Proficiency Checks and oversee pilot performance evaluations.
- Supporting Chief Pilot directives regarding company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot or Director of Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified to become a Pilot in Command for NICHOLAS AIR operations, which includes, at a minimum:
- First Class Medical
- Never Failed a Drug or Alcohol Test
- Passport allowing unrestricted international travel
- Airline Transport Pilot
- Experience in any of the following: Phenom 100, Phenom 300/E, Citation CJ3+, Citation Latitude, or Challenger 300/350.
- 3,000 hours TT
- 1,000 hours PIC
- 500 hours multi-engine
- 500 hours cross country
- 100 hours night
- 100 hours instrument (actual)
- 100 hours turbine
Detailed Areas of Requirements, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- An ACP must be available and willing to relocate to the Headquarter office in Oxford, MS
- ACP is required to report to the Headquarter office daily for regular business hours of 8-5, M-F, and may be required to adhere to an altered schedule to accommodate operational needs and checking events.
- An ACP is responsible for reporting all findings to the Chief Pilot, discussing and implement flight line solutions, discuss operations, interface with other company department managers, and regularly communicate with all PIC’s and SIC’s of their assigned fleet.
- Senior Management has discretion to assign or re-assign fleet responsibility to an ACP.
- An ACP must be knowledgeable of all company manuals to appropriately answer questions.
- To ensure completion of required training, an ACP is responsible for monthly training reports.
- An ACP will hold meetings with fleet Check Airmen to discuss deficiencies.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Subject to a background check
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Nicholas Air Company Overview
WORK FOR ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE JET SERVICE PROVIDERS NICHOLAS AIR is a membership-based private jet company, providing services both domestically and internationally. Founded in 1997 by Nicholas Correnti, the company focuses on safety, quality, efficiency, and innovation. Serving the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, NICHOLAS AIR provides four flexible programs including Jet Card, Jet Lease, Jet Share, and Aircraft Management Services. NICHOLAS AIR is not a charter or brokerage company which fundamentally differentiates us from other providers in the private air travel industry. Delivering exceptional service, reliability, flexibility, and convenience sets us apart to meet the demands and high expectations of our Members. NICHOLAS AIR provides an elite private air travel experience to a select group of individuals. Our Membership base consists of some of the most prominent individuals in the world, including professional athletes, top-tier executives, celebrities, musicians, and wealthy retirees. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law. OUR MISSION STATEMENT To provide a highly personalized and unique private air travel experience. Making a difference in the lives of our Members by maintaining the highest safety and quality standards.