- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Chief Pilot job at National Jets in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
National Jets, Inc. founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- FBO Services and jet maintenance, and executive charter. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircraft and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team.
Reports to the Director of Operations for National Jets, the Chief Pilot is responsible for managing all activities pertaining to the company’s pilots. This includes recruiting, initial and recurrent training, aircraft currency/proficiency, and aircraft operating standards. Responsibilities also include career path management for the pilot workforce and training to ensure operating requirements are met. This person will prioritize and distribute additional duties and projects, as necessary, to the pilot team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- ATP with a total of 3000 hours
- Minimum 1500 hours PIC
- Type Rating in at least one jet aircraft, Lear45 preferred
- Have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135
- No accidents, incidents, violations or DUI/DWI
- Current First Class Medical certificate
- Strong knowledge of FAA Regulations (FAR’s) including flight operations under parts 135 training
- Previous operations management experience across multiple fleets and domiciles.
- Must meet the requirements of 14 CFR 119.71(c).
- High school diploma or GED required/ College degree is preferred
- Act as a voice of the company and promotes the company business plan internally and externally when interfacing with front-line employees, vendors, OEMs and regulatory bodies.
- In coordination with the Director of Operations to develop the department budget and provides monthly variance reporting
- Must be able to complete training program, demonstrating proficiency with job requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must reside in close proximity (within two hours) of Ft. Lauderdale International Airport or be willing to relocate.
- Intermediate or better proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- U.S. Passport
- Driver's License
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Schedule with Guaranteed days off
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance
In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
National Jets Company Overview
National Jets, founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- executive charter and aircraft management services, jet maintenance, and FBO services. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team. National operates its own fleet of “Next Generation” long range Learjet 45XR’s, and an ultra long range Gulfstream GV, serving executives and private individuals specializing in flights throughout North America, the Caribbean and Latin America from the company’s base at Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood Intl. The charter division has its large aircraft authorization from the FAA (10 passenger or more certification) and has their third party safety certification by ARG/US and Wyvern Wingman meeting the highest safety standards. In addition, National employs sales and flight dispatch support staff and aircraft airframe, power plant, avionics technicians, inspectors, parts procurement, and upper management maintenance staff to support the company’s flight operations and aircraft. National has its own FAA Part 145 licensed Maintenance and Repair facility which not only provides all maintenance support of the company’s charter aircraft, but also provides maintenance support for any clients flying their own jets into Ft. Lauderdale International. National Jets Air Center (NJAC) is the longest running private jet terminal / fixed base operation on Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International. NJAC not only provides the hangared FAA licensed maintenance facility and fuel farm for the National Jets’ fleet aircraft, but also offers its award winning, personalized services to guests flying into and out of the airport utilizing corporate aircraft. NJAC, established in the 1960’s and expanded upon in the early 1990’s, year after is year is awarded the highest service ratings in the industry. Voted on by pilots, National Jets Air Center has achieved ratings in the top 10 of all FBO’s in the United States for the past 16 years and NJAC has been voted #1 in the country multiple times.