Ride on Mechanic
- Orlando, Florida
- Job ID
Ride on Mechanic job at National Airlines in Orlando FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Maintenance / Americas
National Airlines is currently searching for a Ride-On AIRCRAFT TECHNICIAN
National Airlines, based in Orlando, FL, operates passenger charter service as well as customized
military and commercial air cargo carriage worldwide. National Airlines specializes in over-sized,
time-sensitive, and special handling requirements, utilizing A330-200, 757-200 and 747-400 aircraft
to accomplish its missions.
The position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
Perform duties as a Ride-On Technicians
• Responsible for servicing, inspecting, and maintaining aircraft, aircraft engines, and associated
• Effectively perform work to meet deadlines and performance goals IAW company policies &
• Review aircraft log entries with flight crews on trip arrivals.
• Perform all duties in compliance with General Maintenance Manual, Company policy and all
applicable FAA and DOT regulations, including proper completion of paperwork and forms related to
• Repair, maintenance, overhaul, and inspection of assigned equipment, components, and aircraft as
required by location, according to established procedures and requirements.
• Troubleshoot system(s), disassemble, repair and reassemble sections and components to maintain
full functioning equipment according to requirements.
• Maintain work areas, vehicles, and materials in a clean and safe condition.
• Being accountable for the quality of the work the individual performs, ensuring all assigned tasks
are completed efficiently and safely.
• May perform as a delegated Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor when required.
• When authorized by the Quality Control, perform inspection of designated Required Inspection
• Maintain current inventory of flyaway kits, including serviceable parts, unserviceable parts, and
tools. Coordinate the return of used parts.
• Maintenance Personnel are also responsible for fueling and or defueling.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
• Must possess a valid FAA Mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant rating with 3-5 years
of experience on National Airlines fleet type.
• Must possess a valid passport and the ability to work abroad for long stretches at a time.
• Ability to work on a lift platform 3 feet or higher in the air, as required by repair needs.
• Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs.
• Ability to operate various tools including, but not limited to jacks, welders, torches, paint guns,
sanders, and drill press.
• Ability to stand, stoop, and maneuver into small or awkward places and positions in order to
perform. Ability to climb in and out of aircraft being repaired as required.
• Must be able to operate ground support equipment including, but not limited to, forklift, lift trucks
and various cube truck & vans.
• Ability to lift and move machine parts weighing up to 70 pounds from ground to equipment level
(waist level) and maneuver any single item weighing up to 125 pounds with appropriate equipment
or assistance from another person.
• Ability to learn and use technical manuals. Good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems
• Able to communicate both in writing and verbally in clear and understandable manner.
• If required to operate vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license for state of residence. As
required by state, may be required to obtain chauffeur or CDL licensing. Person must have a driving
record which meets Company standards of proficiency for driving employees.
• Must be able to effectively and quickly perform repairs in short notice, high pressure situations.
• Must be able to operate computer screen and keyboard, and 10-key calculator. Must be able to
input and retrieve information from computers.
• Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, in order to perform repairs.
Travel Required: Yes
National Airlines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected
status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation,
benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
National Airlines Company Overview
With more than 800 employees worldwide, the National Family offers rewarding opportunities for professional growth through our affiliate organizations National Air Cargo and National Airlines. We invite you to become a part of our award-winning team, and contribute to meaningful work in aviation, transportation, and global logistics. As a National professional, you will enjoy competitive wages and exceptional benefits, plus you will work side-by-side with like-minded colleagues in a corporate environment that maintains strong core values, a relentless commitment to customer service, and an unwavering dedication to excellence. At National, we promote talent from within, and cultivate a culture where outstanding merit is met with meaningful reward. We provide the tools and training needed for ongoing professional growth, and facilitate development of new skills to meet changing requirements. We value achievement, and recognize those who go above and beyond to ensure mission success. If you share our commitment to providing the utmost care for passengers, cargo and customers, then we invite you to Go National. National Airlines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.