Crew Scheduler Featured
- Orlando, Florida
- Job ID
Crew Scheduler job at National Airlines in Orlando FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Title: Crew Scheduler
Location: Orlando Florida
Reports To: Manager of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Plans and assigns flight crews their duty periods for all scheduled and adhoc missions
- Coordinates and communicates all travel, lodging and required ground transportation for duty assignments and training for all flight crews, mechanics, load masters and passenger service representatives
- Tracks and monitors crew movement and reassigning of flight crews to ensure legality and their availability.
- Communicates duty assignments changes and various information to flight crews, mechanics, load masters and passenger service representatives
- Coordinates crew availability for training events with Flight Operations and Inflight Training
- Monitors and manages irregular operations and daily flight operations for crew conflicts, including but not limited to duty time compliance, crew legality, and company policy.
- Locates crews and creates rotations to cover non-availability of crews due to no shows, illness, legality issues, personal emergencies or any other issues.
- Maintains accurate information of flight crews system wide, including but not limited to crew relocation when requested due to adverse events such as civil unrest, revolt or weather
- Provides status of flight crews as it pertains to an on-time operation during operation briefings.
- Assures all flight crews are qualified to perform duties, pursuant to regulations, equipment restrictions and contractual restrictions
- Identifies potential flight crew issues or irregularities, communicates them to the Duty Manager and proposes alternative resolutions
- Ability to master Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) relevant to crew scheduling and serves as a key resource in administering those policies, to the Duty Manger, flight crews, and other members of management
- Coordinates as necessary with Corporate/Crew Accommodations to provide crew members and/or their families with assistance due to personal emergencies as needed.
- Serves as a single source for quick and accurate crew information to the Duty Manager and other members of management.
Supervisor Responsibility: No
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)Diploma
- One year of crew scheduling and/or other aviation industry experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of FARs pertaining to FAA crew duty restrictions, rest requirements and 121 and 117 regulations preferred
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
- One year of experience using crew scheduling software preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to highest ethical standards
- Must be well groomed and maintain a professional appearance
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must pass a background check which could include fingerprinting, a pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the position is located
- Extended periods of time sitting at a work station, using keyboard, mouse, multiple computer screens while communicating by telephone, email or in person
- Ability to work nights, weekends and irregular hours required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external customers
- Ability to work flexible schedules to support the 24/7 operation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Able to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
National Airlines Company Overview
National Airlines, based in Orlando, FL, operates passenger charter service as well as customized military and commercial air cargo carriage worldwide. National Airlines specializes in over-sized, time sensitive, and special handling requirements, utilizing 757-200, 747-400 and A330 aircraft to accomplish its missions. National Airlines is also one of the world’s premier air charter service providers. Our expansive global network extends world wide, enabling us to provide on demand service to people or groups at a moment’s notice, anywhere in the world.