Survey Crew Chief Featured
- Meridian, Idaho
- Job ID
Survey Crew Chief job at NV5 in Meridian ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing Inspection and Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings and Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad NV5 helps clients plan design build test certify and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers architects construction/program managers environmental professionals and beyond we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate driven individuals to join our team focused onDelivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
WHPacific Inc. d/b/a NV5 has a need for a Survey Crew Chief to join its team in Meridian ID. This position assists professional land surveyors by operating survey instruments and collecting information in the field and performing computations. This is primarily a field position but it may involve some related duties in the office.
- Work primarily in the field on control boundary right-of-way topographic and construction surveys as Crew Chief of a one two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas.
- May perform some office duties including data reduction field note reduction calculations data checks and staking computations using Trimble Business Center and Civil3D.
- Accurately run and adjust survey measuring instruments including Trimble digital levels robotic total stations scanning total stations GPS receivers and TSC7 data collectors.
- Must be proficient with electronic data collection systems and processes; must be able to download and process data files perform complex survey computations using various software programs (i.e. Trimble Business Center Civil3D MicroStation).
- Review and/or take accurate and clear notes by recording survey measurements descriptive data and sketches.
- Thoroughly inspects and checks deliverables for accuracy and correctness; Deliverables include field note sheets electronic data collection files computation sheets
- Provides coordination and serves as Lead for field survey crew personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required including a background in math geometry and trigonometry; Bachelors or Associate degree from an approved Surveying Curriculum or related program desirable
- 4+ years survey experience including 3+ years experience as Survey Crew Chief
- LSIT Certification preferred
- 3D scanning experience desirable
- UAVs experience and FAA 107 certification a plus
- Must have good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness accuracy and precision
- Demonstrated knowledge of monumentation construction staking and field markings.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of boundary evidence searching for GLO corners and accessories property corners and other lines of public and private ownership.
- Demonstrated abilities of the following: complex problem solving listening reading comprehension learning time management critical thinking speaking equipment selection judgment and decision making problem solving and demonstrates best practices techniques and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to download field data collector into an AutoCAD drawing file and provide thorough review and edits of codes and line work
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads
- Possess good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 2 weeks at a time
- Attendance punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Valid Drivers License and ability to meet company insurability guidelines required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces lift and carry up to 50 pounds hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment bend squat dig monument holes pound in stakes and rebar monuments carry and use brush cutting equipment drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile climb stairs sit for extended periods of time work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time type/key-in data and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the companys policies safety plan and the project safety plan.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical dental life insurance PTO 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race color religion gender sexual orientation gender identity or expression creed citizenship status ancestry pregnancy childbirth or related medical conditions national origin age disability genetic information marital status amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring placement promotion termination layoff recall transfer leaves of absence compensation and training.
NV5 Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.