Wire Harness Assembly Technician Featured
- Ivyland, Pennsylvania
- Hourly $25.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
Wire Harness Assembly Technician job at NASC in Ivyland PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
NASC is looking for a Wire Harness Assembly Technician to join our Unmanned Aerial Systems Division. The Wire Harness Assembly Technician performs a variety of electrical assembly operations with respect to wiring harness’ on aircraft and other electrical components or assemblies such as soldering, wiring, cutting, preparing terminations, harness or cable forming and lacing.
Performs all duties required to lay out, fabricate/modify and install electrical wiring and coaxial cable related to the wiring harness on the aircraft.
Checks, tests and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and perform repairs, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
Cut wire to length, strip insulation from wire ends and insulates connections with plastic sleeves
Working from various engineering drawings, work instructions, and verbal instruction to meet schedule requirements.
Follow assembly procedures and documenting all work in work traveler.
Properly use a wide range of hands tools and equipment such as: soldering irons, resistance soldering units, power drivers, pliers, wrenches, screw drivers, spray guns, crimp tools and etc
- IPC J-STD-001 required
- Familiar with IPC-A-610 IPC/WHMA-A-620 standards.
- Familiar with AS9100 Aerospace Quality Management System Standards a plus.
- Previous wire harness manufacturing 2 years’ experience is required.
- Experience building wire harness assemblies.
- Experience following engineering drawings, wire diagrams.
- Experience populating high-density MIL-DTL-38999 (or similar) connectors.
- Must know how to read and use a ruler/scale/tape measure/caliper.
- Must know how to use DMC tooling or ability to learn.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Analytical and good working method to analyze an assembly error
- Ability to work under pressure and able to work in a constant evolving and changing environment
High School diploma or equivalent AND completion of an accredited electronics training program OR equivalent U.S. Military training
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.