Quality Manager Aerospace Aurora Featured
- North Aurora, Illinois
- Job ID
Quality Manager Aerospace Aurora job at Michael Page in North Aurora IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin age disability veteran status marital status or based on an individuals status in any group or class protected by applicable federal state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities women the disabled protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is a mid-sizerd manufacturer that has been in business for over 50 years. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID as they have two business units one has been up 25% since the start of COVID. Their Aerospace business unit works on complicated projects for Boeing Airbus and the DOJ. They seek a Quality Manager for their North Aurora location.
Our client is a mid-sized manufacturer that has been in business for over 100 years. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID as they have two business units one has been up 25% since the start of COVID. Their Aerospace business unit works on complicated projects for Boeing Airbus and the DOJ. They seek a Quality Manager for their North Aurora location. This role will oversee a team of 3 and report directly to the Vice President. Within this organization quality is a priority and supported cross functionally.
Over the last 5 years they have brought in over 10 new machines and within the last year made more investments over $2M. The company is ISO 9001: 2015 AS 9100 and ASME certified.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the following;
- Inspect jobs at start of day - Every morning the Quality Engineer will inspect and review the first pieces coming off each machine. The Quality Engineer will approve or reject the parts being made
- Customer delivery schedules - Each day the Quality Engineer will check our customer delivery schedules to determine what products are due when from our client. The Quality Engineer will help adjust priorities to insure that products are shipped on the appropriate day
- Perform First-Last Part inspections - The Quality Engineer will perform inspections for any jobs that are either new setups or just finished parts. The Quality Engineer will complete the appropriate documentation per activity and maintain records appropriately
- PPAP documentation - The Quality Engineer will create and maintain PPAP documentation as required by clients and Company
- ISO Certification - The Quality Engineer is required to follow Company ISO procedures and complete and maintain ISO specific documentation specific to inspection
- DDRs SCRs etc. - The Quality Engineer is responsible to respond to all DDRs SCRs etc. sent by clients pertaining to the manufacturer of parts. Computer work supervisor role. Computer access.
- 4+ years related experience preferably in the aerospace
- Must demonstrate proficiency in analytical reasoning to effectively and systematically troubleshoot process issues
- Six Sigma Certification/Experience is a plus
- ASQ Certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Rev D preferred
- Competitive base salary between $80000-$110000 commensurate with experience and skills
- Yearly bonus based on performance circa $10000-$20000/year
- Profit sharing: $2000-$5000/year
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical Dental Vision) through BCBS
- 15 days of PTO and 9 Holidays
- 401(k) with 2% company match
Michael Page Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.