- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Timekeeper job at Menzies Aviation in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Clearing of all exceptions on a daily basis by 4:00 pm which includes the following:
o Clearing Personal Time Off (PTO) based on available balances
o Clearing all excused (i.e. FMLA LOA) and unexcused absences and
o Clearing of meal break exceptions
o These exceptions have to be cleared before the overtime (OT) report is generated for the management team. OT exceptions will be completed after the management team has submitted their OT report.
+ Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
• Updating shifts times/altering expected times prior to shift commencements to reduce missed punches including shift trades/coverage.
• Keep track of attendance records monitor lateness/absence/manual miss punches etc.
• Ensuring Miss Punch Forms (MPF) are completed when required and filled out completely including signatures from both the employee and the Duty Manager.
• Ensure Daily OT report is received completed and signed by manager.
• Report to Planning Manager any unauthorized time discrepancies.
• Send package to Payroll dept 4/ signed payroll reports.
• Send package of MPFs Absence Request Forms (ARF) and Payroll Discrepancies to Payroll.
• Coordinate with payroll dept for any missing forms (not received or received after PT had been run) Pay discrepancies and roster changes.
• Coordinate with payroll dept on Mondays to ensure PT and reports can be run once exceptions have been cleared.
• Any other task as requested by Planning Manager
-2+ years of high volume timekeeping and data entry experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Personable and professional demeanour.
• Have the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Must be at least 18 years of age;
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
• Must be able to speak read and write in English;
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record;
• Capable of lifting comfortably 70 lbs;
• Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays;
• Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions;
• Must pass an FBI finger print check and obtain custom seal.
• Must pass a driver’s test with the department of airports and obtain a driver’s seal.
• Must pass a drug test.
2 years: High Volume Timekeeping
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Menzies Aviation Company Overview
With more than 200 airport operations across 6 continents, Menzies Aviation relies on more than 30,000 employees to ensure that our services hit the heights which are expected of us. We believe that true excellence is only delivered by people with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. We offer landside and airside services tailored to our customers needs, timed to their schedules, and delivered by teams with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. Our core services include Ground Handling, Cargo, Fueling, Executive Services and Offline Services.