Technical Support Engineer Featured
- Akron, Ohio
- Job ID
Technical Support Engineer job at Meggitt in Akron OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt a worldwide leader in aerospace defense and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly To Power To Live". These core values - teamwork integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 9000 employees worldwide Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the worlds leading commercial business and military aircraft manufacturers.
Across its five product groups Airframe Systems produces a host of world leading technology. Our Braking Systems product group supplies both military and commercial aircrafts.
We seal essential spaces such as landing gear wings engines nacelles windows and doors and produce intelligent air data systems and sensors that measure altitude angle or acceleration. These sensors can be used on planes train control systems or even missile control systems.
Whether its developing new radome solutions fuel delivery systems or high-altitude life support systems Airframe Systems embodies the innovation at the heart of Meggitt.
Helps build positive relationships with customers by providing solutions to technical issues for in-service aircraft model programs especially during entry-into-service. Performs design improvements of existing products under relatively close supervision and with advice from more experienced engineers. Assignments may include product design changes root cause corrective action investigations and development of troubleshooting tools for maintenance. This role provides a vital part of the on-going customer feedback process.
Job Core Responsibilities
- The experienced incumbent is responsible for applying standard principles theories concepts and techniques in providing solutions to a variety of problems to include using the applicable component maintenance manual (CMM) as a reference.
- Must demonstrate the ability to efficiently apply standard industry techniques methods and criteria to the solution of engineering problems.
- Must also possess sufficient knowledge of plant operations to obtain and integrate services of other groups whose participation is essential to successful accomplishment of assignments.
- Assignments at this level are moderately complex but are normally guided by precedence. A principal challenge is in matching available methodology and/or support functions with particular assignments.
- The ability to work through and often lead a solution to open-ended problems within a cross-functional team. Assignments are customer-centric where customer may be external or internal.
- Organizes interprets and reports results with little guidance. Works under general supervision with occasional reviews during performance of the work.
- Planning of assignments is normally performed with concurrence of the manager. Final reports and results are approved by the manager for soundness of technical judgment and overall accuracy and adequacy.
- Within the company interfaces daily with manager other department personnel and customer support representatives.
- Works closely with other engineering departments metallurgist program manager(s) warranty manager quality assurance and the maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) repair stations to help solve problems involving product deficiencies design changes maintenance issues and manufacturing processes and costs enabling the cross-pollination of design ideas/technical know-how.
- Works within a global customer support network with almost daily contact with field support representatives and other colleagues off-site.
- Assists in product maintenance training of customers on-site or at the applicable home base in conjunction with field support representatives.
- While not responsible for the technical writing directs the update of CMMs for in-service aircraft model programs.
- Contacts at a higher level are frequent. Program reviews for example require contact with positions such as the VP Customer Support Director Technical Support Engineering Director Program Management Global Director Quality and Director Engineering.
- Supports NPI process representing Technical Support (aftermarket) in preparation for gate reviews and aftermarket milestones.
- Outside the company interfaces with customer engineers and repair shop technicians concerning aspects of product performance and maintenance training and frequently with suppliers and third-party partners for technical information.
- Carries out special duties as assigned.
- Approximately 5-10% travel.
Education: Bachelors degree required. Prefer Mechanical Aerospace or Electrical Engineering degree. Masters degree a plus.
Years Experience: 5 or more years
- Good planning organizational analytical leadership interpersonal decision-making problem-solving oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in customer-facing role is beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of PCs in the current company operating system environment including full proficiency in MS Word MS Excel and MS Power Point. Advanced MS Excel skills are beneficial.
- Knowledge of SAP Salesforce.com (or comparable CRM tool) MS Project MS Power BI and MS SharePoint beneficial but not required.
- Continuous improvement (CI) Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and regulatory audit experience are beneficial but not required
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex including sexual orientation and gender identity national origin disability protected Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-###-#### or ...@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder) Political Asylee or Refugee.
Meggitt Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.