Aircraft Propeller Service Technician Featured
- Santa Monica, California
- Job ID
Aircraft Propeller Service Technician job at Manpower in Santa Monica CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are looking for people that are good with their hands mechanically minded highly versatile motivated willing to learn and possibly have aircraft propeller maintenance training. The suitable candidate will have the confidence and technical and inter-personal skills to effectively communicate with management and coworkers or be trained to do as such.
Strong mechanical skills required. They will need mechanical skills to assemble/disassemble repair and clean aircraft propellers. A no-problem can do attitude and attention to detail with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must. They will learn and work hands on with mentors having on average over 40 years of experience.
The primary focus will be on Hartzell fixed and variable pitch propellers but experience of McCauley MT and other types are hugely beneficial. The first stage of the job will call for assembly/dis-assembly and the second stage will focus on achieving overhaul level capability.
Purpose of role:
1. Develop and carry out all aspects of Propeller repair and overhaul activities.
2. Work in line with manufacturers and regulatory requirements.
3. Work to meet the customers expectations of turnaround time delivery date and quality standards.
4. Properly report status and implementations.
5. Comply with all Quality functions of the company.
Propeller Repair and Overhaul
Hands-on completion of MRO activities in accordance with company procedures and OEM manuals which will include elements such as:
1. Carry out inventory checks on products.
2. Strip products to the required level for inspection.
3. Clean products to the required level for inspection.
4. Inspect all relevant components and identify items for scrap rework or refit with reference to and interpretation of relevant product information and OEM manuals.
5. Comply with customers special requirements.
6. Perform dimensional inspection of components using precision measuring instruments.
7. Perform visual inspection of components.
8. Review & embody service information.
9. Produce required documents for all components.
10. Record all detail inspection findings and list all relevant repairs required.
11. Identify any deficiencies with OEM technical data.
12. Ensure all components are serviceable & compliant to latest modification standards.
13. Carry out final inspection checks on products ensuring all paperwork is appropriately completed.
14. Participate in on and off-site training on a regular basis.
15. Perform release signatory duties on all products.
1. Assist with regular equipment maintenance tasks.
2. Assist with MRO tool control.
3. Provide cover for driving duties as required.
4. Uphold high levels of cleanliness and housekeeping throughout the working environment.
5. Proactively identify elements of processes equipment and facility that may benefit from improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Aircraft engineer/technician in-training possessing any range of experience in propeller maintenance. First and second line propeller maintenance would be an advantage.
2. Ability to read component maintenance manuals drawings engineering layout information and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives.
3. Have an up-to-date working knowledge of FAA Regulations.
4. Must be able to converse with FAA inspectors and surveyors.
5. Have working knowledge of Quality management systems.
6. Possess proficient communication skills in technical English. Additional languages are an advantage.
Manpower Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.