Buyer Planner Urgent
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Buyer Planner job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc in Mississauga ON
Description, duties, responsibilities
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Scope of Position
This role is responsible for purchase material requirements planning, purchase order & supplier relationship management.
- Prepares, issues, and administers Purchase Orders.
- Monitors and expedites purchased materials to ensure timely delivery of product to support customer requirements.
- Analyzes material requirements and/or Kanban levels for purchased parts to achieve optimum material flow
- Monitors and expedites materials to ensure material flow to support production requirements and sales orders.
- Establish order parameters to optimize inventory levels to improve flow.
- Develops and manages effective relationship with internal departments. i.e. engineering, marketing, customer service, manufacturing, accounting, planning/materials, and quality.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers as well.
- Maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP) order parameters on assigned parts (i.e. lead time, Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ), Multiples, Contact info etc.) in MHICA system.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience as a Buyer / Planner; aerospace experience an asset.
- Ability to review and relate Engineering Drawings and Specifications, an asset.
- Material Management Requirement system familiarity
- Excellent organization skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization required.
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Key Measurements of the Position
- Maintain professionalism
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Keep the Logistics team, Shop Floor Control well informed of daily operations.
- Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
MHI Canada Aerospace Inc Company Overview
About Us MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc. (MHICA), a group company of MItsubishi Heavy Industries, is a Tier 1 manufacturer of major aircraft structures and assemblies, based in Mississauga, Ontario. Over the past decade, MHICA has built more than aircraft components, it has built a recognized worldwide reputation for capacity, precision, on-time delivery and excellence. MHICA's facilities include a 270,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacture and assembly facility and a 70,000 sq ft supply chain and logistics centre, where more than 800 highly-skilled employees are working on Bombardier's sector-leading Global 5000/6000 and Challenger 350 business aircraft. MHICA's technicians build and join wing assemblies and fuselage centre sections, as well as perform systems and flight control assembly installations and testing. Building complex aircraft structures at the highest levels requires a full and well-managed inventory. MHICA's logistics centre ensures the stable and on-time delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and tooling needed for continuous and fluid assembly. Our Supply Chain and Logistics Centre sources materials and manages more than 100 supply chain partners from across North America. MHCIA conducts quality control and inspections of incoming components and materials, assembles work kits and warehouses the inventory that keeps our assembly facility running smoothly. MHICA is a world leader in large scale automated drilling/fastening/sealing of wing and fuselage major assemblies. MHICA also has developed and incorporated flex cell technology that allows our major assembly jigs to be re-configured for a wide variety of current and future aircraft platforms. Flex cell technology includes Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for major assemblies. MHICA’s smart shop floor technology provides real-time situational awareness of detail parts, sub-assemblies and major assemblies. MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc looks to the future and the development of new partnerships with leading aerospace manufacturers. For more information about MHICA's skilled workforce, logistics centre, and world-class assembly facilities, please contact us at 905-612-8131 Company details Website http://mhi-global.com Headquarters Mississsauga, Ontario Year founded 2006 Company type Privately Held Company size 501-1,000 employees