Chief Pilot Urgent
- Lewiston, Idaho
- Annual Salary $100,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Job ID
Chief Pilot job at Lohman Helicopter LLC in Lewiston ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Summary of Duties
The Chief Pilot will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of all flight crew personnel. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for conducting and ensuring pilots are properly trained, qualified, and proficient to complete assigned duties. This position prepares and maintains proficiency records, pilot files, flight schedules, duty time records, reports, and correspondence pertaining to flight operations. As well, the Chief Pilot will act as a company liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration and assists the Director of Operations in formulating operations policies and coordinating the implementation of those policies and training to all flight personnel.
Chief Pilot Duties
- Supervise flight crew personnel in compliance with FARs and ensure that all pilots and crew members are trained, qualified, and proficient for Parts 133, 135, and 137
- Overall guidance, supervision, and scheduling of flight crews. Approve flight schedules, assign flight crewmembers and Pilot-in-Command duties
- Advise the Director of Operations of all flight crew requirements including training, operations, and compliance
- Prepare reports, create, and modify policies and procedures, and disseminate information to flight crew personnel
- Become qualified as Check Airman in company aircraft
- Ensure aircraft are appropriately equipped for scheduled flight operations.
- Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance to ensure continued aircraft worthiness
- Ensure all pilot positions are suitably staffed through maintaining flight and duty records, a roster of qualified, current, and trained pilots
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and Safety Manager on all incident reports to identify root causes and changes to reduce/prevent reoccurrences
- Maintain proficiency as Pilot-in-Command and Check Airman and fly as necessary to support the company flight schedule
- Maintain GOM and TM and revise as necessary
- Valid and current FAA Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter License
- Medical Class 1 or 2 (current)
- Meet FAR 135.119 requirements to serve as Chief Pilot
- Meet DOI/USFS Pilot carding requirements and 2022 interagency carding requirements
- Previously OAS carded in Bell Medium and/or Bell 206/407 series
- Previous 135 Check Ride in Bell Medium and/or Bell 206/407 series
- Must be willing to relocate to the Lewiston, Idaho area
- Employment Status: W2
- Annual Salary: $100,000.00 – $150,000.00 DOE
- Out of Town Per Diem: Yes
- Hourly Flight Pay: Yes
- Group Health & Dental: Employer paid for employee; option for employee to insure family members.
- Retirement Plan: Yes
- Life Insurance: Yes
- Relocation Assistance: Yes
- Travel and Out of Town Lodging: Company paid and arranged
Schedule: Central office in Lewiston, Idaho, or satellite base in Ramona, California, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Chief Pilot will be required to work/fly varied shifts for utility and powerline work, forest fire contracts, and other contracts assigned throughout the United States, Canada, and other selected sites. We are a small company and there will be flying required for the Chief Pilot.
Lohman Helicopter LLC Company Overview
Are you looking for a career position in helicopter aviation with a dynamic and fast-growing team where you can enjoy a quality of life? Lohman Helicopter was established in 2007 and is a family-owned utility and charter helicopter company specializing in on-demand charter, precision lift/external load operations, power-line construction and maintenance, and fire fighting throughout the Western United States. We know our employees are the heartbeat of the company. We offer competitive pay and a total benefits package. Lohman Helicopter, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.