Aerospace Engineer Ts sci Featured
- Vienna, Virginia
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineer Ts sci job at Leidos Holdings in Vienna VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Mission Integration Division under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance for a program in Chantilly VA.
Leidos is looking for early to mid-career level engineers with an aerospace background to work as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customers operations organization. As an aerospace engineer you will work directly with the government/contracting organizations developing and operating advanced systems hardware and software - from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role you will review acquisition and requirements documents integrate aerospace components support life cycle design and operation. Your work will encompass advanced aerospace systems to include supporting components such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- Bachelors degree and 2-4 years of experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position. Candidates without this clearance will not be considered. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to address complex technical issues using internal best practices and through collaboration with experienced colleagues.
- Experience assisting other technical staff with complex tasks and assignments.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers scientists designers and technicians
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues management or sponsors.
- Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience with designing assembling or testing applicable hardware
- Relevant working knowledge of and ability to apply standards principles theories concepts and techniques of technical domain.
- A functional understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering
- Experience supporting operations
- Experience identifying design elements and/or formulating alternatives to improve the performance of those elements.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology engineering and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense intelligence homeland security civil and health markets. The companys 38000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston Va. Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3 2020. For more information visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. Thats why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation Health and Wellness programs Income Protection Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex race ethnicity age national origin citizenship religion physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information pregnancy family structure marital status ancestry domestic partner status sexual orientation gender identity or expression veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos Holdings Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.