Sr Scientist Advanced Concept Engineering Space Isr comms Missions Featured
- Palm Bay, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Scientist Advanced Concept Engineering Space Isr comms Missions job at L3Harris Technologies in Palm Bay FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values dedication to our communities and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air land sea space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48000 employees with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Scientist Advanced Concept Engineering (ACE) - Space ISR/Comms Missions
Job Code: SAS20210###-####7
Job Location: Palm Bay
Develop End-to-End mission solutions for Spaceborne Communications and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions in the Space domain. Architect Spacecraft payload and ground solutions for spaceborne missions. Work with customers to understand their mission needs and translate those mission gaps into technical specifications for design teams. Analyze market conditions and forecast trends examine our position against the competition and develop an executable strategy for growing the business. Lead pursuits systems trades architecture presentations technical roadmap development and champion key initiatives. Lead cross-functional pursuit and proposal teams to develop compelling mission system offerings and present these with crisp and clear messaging to customer communities. Prepare clear and compelling technical responses to RFIs and RFPs leveraging our market-leading technology.
- Present clearly and concisely to customers and internal leadership
- Write technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Architect spaceborne system solutions for Comms and ISR missions
- Lead internal teams to develop best value optimized solutions
- Develop technology roadmap and advocate for internal investment for strategic technology advancement
- Perform market competitor and capability analysis for strategic planning
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Act as primary technical point of contact for customers
- Represent primary voice of the customer to internal teams
- 10% travel expected to support customer meetings as customer facilities open to visitors (post COVID)
- Bachelors degree in electrical Mechanical or Systems Engineering or equivalent field and 15 years of related work experience OR Masters degree in Electrical Mechanical or Systems Engineering or equivalent with 13 years of related work experience
- Space mission experience required
- Space system design experience required
- New business capture experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Security Clearance: Top Secret TS/SCI
- Team leadership experience
- MS in Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with Systems Took Kit (STK) or equivalent Orbitology knowledge
- Knowledge of commercial and military space launch vehicles and industry
- Knowledge of commercial and military satellite market capabilities
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender (including pregnancy childbirth breastfeeding or other related medical conditions) gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.