Aviation Engineer III
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aviation Engineer III job at KLJ in Sioux Falls SD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Provide engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner. The Aviation Practice Area has the need for an experienced Engineer in Sioux Falls that can manage clients and projects as a team player/builder. The work involves runways, taxiways, aprons, terminal buildings, roads, parking lots, water service, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and all facets of work related to airports.
- Responsible for design, specifications, plans, maps, project schedule and budgets
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
- Responsible for contracts, scope of services, and budgets
- Provide coordination of contractors
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
- Instruct, train and mentor group members
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
- Utilize effective written and oral communication
- Business development within the existing KLJ client base and with potential new clients
- May respond to RFPs and lead interviews
- May prepare forecast of workload and monitor backlog
- May be responsible for workgroup financials and quality goals
- May market to existing or potential clients and obtain work
- May serve as a project engineer, project manager, or client manager and provide overall project oversight
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- A four year degree in civil engineering is required
- A PE is required
- Experience level is a minimum of 4+ years in aviation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Previous experience in senior level management is preferred
- 14 CFR Part 139 certification and commercial service airport experience is preferred.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 80% of the time spent in the office and 20% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
M/F/Vet/Disability /Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.localjobnetwork.com/j/25401344
KLJ Company Overview
Since 1938, KLJ has focused on innovative solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. Our expertise provides knowledgeable, experienced support for engineering, planning and surveying projects of all sizes. Our integrated practice allows us to envision, plan, engineer and build infrastructure from start to finish for clients around the country. KLJ is committed to our employees and clients. We help achieve personal and professional growth while delivering innovative and practical solutions to our communities. As a civic leader, KLJ supports the communities we serve through sponsorships, participation in charity events, corporate matching for employee charitable contributions and strong support of employee volunteerism. KLJ is a subsidiary of KLJ Solutions. We are a 100 percent employee-owned company that offers competitive compensation and benefits including various insurance options, 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program opportunities.