Flight Test Engineer Featured
- Ft Eustis, Virginia
- Job ID
Flight Test Engineer job at John H Northrop Associates in Ft Eustis VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flight Test Engineer
JHNA is seeking a talented Flight Test Engineer to join our growing Fort Eustis team in Newport News VA.
This role is part of a bid and proposal effort with a "start work" timeframe of early 2023.
The candidate will be supporting the Armys Aviation Development Directorate (ADD) Engineering Design and Analysis Branch (ED&A). This initiative will provide mechanical design electrical design and drafting support leading to multiple aviation systems Technical Data Packages (TDP) suitable for prototype full production and special mission hardware. All designs shall be accomplished using Parametric Technology Pro-Engineer/CREO and CREO Schematics CAD software. This position will require on-site support at Fort Eustis VA.
- Planning executing and reporting of developmental flight test that supports research and advanced concept programs that support aviation initiatives for ADD the Army government agencies and the defense industry.
- Coordinate and execute ground and flight testing or test related activities for the various research and development activities to include: supporting testing activities at airfield or off-site test program management project test support and program management for test activities.
- Coordinate test efforts with acquisition agencies including Program Managers offices TRADOC System Managers contractors and the user community.
- Perform flight engineer test duties both from ground test control locations as well as collection of data in flight in multiple aircraft types.
- This effort will require the contractor to be in compliance with Army Regulation 95-20. Additionally FTEs may act as Test Directors and supervise flight test programs and all test flight activities on assigned projects and programs. FTEs shall collect reduce and analyze data from ground and flight tests and report on testing activities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Aero Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a closely related field
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or Interim Clearance
- Minimum of 5 years experience in planning and conducting flight and/or ground tests including experience as a Test Director supervising flight test programs and test flight activities; .Comply with all flight regulations rules and standards IAW latest version of DCMA INST 8210-1 and Army Regulation 95-20. Desired: Graduate of USNTPS.
John H Northrop Associates Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.