- Chicago, Illinois
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Contracts Specialist job at Jet Support Services Inc in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The mission of the Contracts Specialist is to draft, negotiate, finalize and arrange execution of agreements with JSSI clients with exceptional skill and assist in overall management of client contracts and the process. This position requires excellent communication, both written and oral, strong analytical abilities, attention to detail and outstanding people skills.
- Coordinate contracting process:
- To obtain necessary information to prepare contracts for clients;
- To prepare contracts and ensure that the enrollment process is completed efficiently and accurately;
- To prepare contract amendments and related documents; and
- To coordinate the process of transferring existing contracts, ensuring that there are no outstanding issues with the previous contract and that necessary paperwork has been completed.
- Be skilled and knowledgeable with respect to program coverage, contract forms and IT systems.
- Ensure that all relevant interactions with clients are tracked in Salesforce.com.
- Run reports from Salesforce.com and analyze the data using Microsoft Excel.
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to update and improve form contracts, consistently striving for increased clarity of terms that support the achievement of company goals.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years contract preparation and/or drafting experience involving complex organizations - preferably in the aviation, legal or financial services fields.
- Ability to grasp new financial and technical concepts quickly.
- Superior problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong reading comprehension and customer service skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and commitment to being a supportive team member.
- Ability to function independently and assume responsibility for successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail and experience working with demanding clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.com).
- Must be highly organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Working environment and conditions:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their online application, including resume and salary expectations to:
Jet Support Services Inc Company Overview
For nearly 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance programs to the aviation industry, covering virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines, and APUs. JSSI provides its customers with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial programs and tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters. As the creator of the revolutionary Tip-to-Tail® Program, JSSI is the only single source provider of this trademarked service. JSSI serves customers globally and manages maintenance services through its worldwide infrastructure of certified Technical Advisors.