Space Vehicle Integration And Test Engineer Featured
- Golden, Colorado
- Job ID
Space Vehicle Integration And Test Engineer job at Harris in Golden CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values dedication to our communities and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air land sea space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48000 employees with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Space Vehicle Integration and Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210###-####0
Job Location: Golden CO
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Space Vehicle Integration and Test project engineer or technical subcontract manager to support development and delivery of spacecraft bus subsystems. Position will reside at subcontractor facility and coordinate with Engineering and Operations personnel at L3Harris located in Palm Bay FL supporting multiple Space Vehicle programs. Primary responsibility is to manage the subcontractor s development integration and test performance risks budget and schedule to ensure full contract and technical compliance and ensure delivery on time and on budget. Position may be required to support periodic travel to L3Harris facility located in Florida.
- Provide direct interface between L3Harris and Subcontractor for daily technical and programmatic oversight and support weekly communications between L3Harris and subcontractor via telecoms and electronic reporting to ensure on-time contractual completion.
- Identify mitigate and lead resolution of technical and process risks/issues to ensure all deliverable products meet cost schedule and technical requirements. Report issues and recovery plans to L3Harris program leadership.
- Evaluate subcontractor production processes and provide inputs into design for manufacture and test (DFMA/DFMT) and process efficiency and quality improvements.
- Collaborate and consult with cross functional technical teams at L3Harris on spacecraft development to minimize product variations and improve product reuse
- Review production and test procedures and engineering documentation for completeness and proper execution of integration and test activities. Conduct formal readiness gate reviews and product end-item data package reviews. Coordinate internal approvals for any data deliverables affecting production schedules.
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical electrical or aerospace engineering with minimum of 10 years industry experience; or Graduate Degree in mechanical electrical or aerospace engineering with minimum of 8 years industry experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct experience with integration and test of high reliability spacecraft bus systems.
- Experience in subcontracts program or technical product management.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven record of managing and delivering critical large subcontract products with focus on complex communications payloads and/or bus subsystems.
- Ability to develop strong supplier relationships and inspire others through teamwork and collaboration to deliver results with energy integrity and accountability
- Proven exceptional communication skills both written verbal and presentation to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers suppliers as well as program and executive management with an ability to persuade and motivate action.
- Demonstrated ability and/or formal training to find root cause of manufacturing and test process problems workmanship defects mechanical test failures etc.
- Experience with MGSE and/or EGSE design for spacecraft bus systems
- Background in the manufacturing of composites mechanical structures or other spacecraft bus components for high reliability military and government systems
- Experience executing commercial and/or firm fixed price contracts for complex systems
- Experience with managing cost and schedule using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) or other Cost Account Management (CAM) tools
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r sum for this position you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your r sum as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender (including pregnancy childbirth breastfeeding or other related medical conditions) gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in or . For information regarding your Right To Work please click here for or .
Harris Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.