- Ft Worth, Texas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aircrew Life Support Equipment Manager
Fort Worth, TX / Afghanistan
Grey Aviation is actively searching for senior, experienced Aircrew Life Support Manager candidates who meet our high standards of safety, professionalism and customer focus. As the industry leader in armed aircraft training, operations, surveillance and support, Grey Aviation’s vision is to leverage new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment.
Perform inspection, maintenance, repair and overhaul of Aircrew Life Support Equipment (ALSE), personal survival equipment and aircraft installed survival equipment including Night Vision Devices (NVDs). Responsible for inventory and storage of life support equipment. Advise and assist International Military Students as the partner nation stands up its own organic aviation capability.
Instruct USAF and International Military Students in the preflight inspections and general care of all life support equipment and Night Vision Devices. Assist instructor cadre in execution of the training program. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all Grey Aviation and Governmental Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external).
• 21 years of age
• US Citizenship
• Current US Passport
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Read, write, speak and understand English
• Must meet all medical deployment standards
• Ability to possess firearms
• BA/BS in a related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
• DLAB Score of 110 or higher preferred
• 8 years experience in a US Military ALSE Career Field (10 years preferred)
• 2 years as an Instructor in the ALSE Career field (5 years preferred)
• Expert Level Knowledge of equipment related to aviation life support (NVGs, Oxygen Masks, Quick Don)
• Experience with International Military Training / Cross Cultural communication preferred
• Combat Aviation Advisor experienced (multiple combat tours advising partner nations in ALSE preferred)
• Certification in the ALSE career field at the Craftsman (USAF 7-Level) level. (USAF 9-Level preferred).
• Qualified to inspect and certify Aviation Life Support Equipment in accordance with applicable USAF and FAA Instructions
• Graduate of the Combat Aviation Advisor Qualification Course in the Aircrew Flight Equipment (AFE) or Survival Evasion Resist & Escape (SERE) career field preferred
• This classification can be expected to perform in an office setting, flight line and airborne environments and requires a wide degree of flexibility within the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these types of environments. May be required to stand for extended periods of time and / or lift objects whose weights exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
• The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
• Pre-employment drug testing and a medical exam administered by Grey Aviation
• Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed.
This position requires a current / active Secret US Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance for employment. Non-citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, and drug involvement.
To conform to US Government export regulations, applicant must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State.
Grey Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret (TS/SCI preferred)
Travel: Yes, 75% of the Time
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Sensor Operator Instructor - Ft Worth TX
Director of Student Services Registrar - Ft Worth TX
Assistant Site Lead - Ft Worth TX
Instructor Pilot - Ft Worth TX
Aviation Program Site Lead - Ft Worth TX
OPFOR - Ft Worth TX
Grey Aviation is a trusted provider of integrated air and ground solutions leveraging new technology and innovative ideas to develop customer tailored capabilities within a challenging global environment. Grey Aviation team members are experts in their fields and willing to operate in challenging environments. They typically have 10 to 20 years of experience in the United States military and have the highest appropriate civilian qualifications. Grey Aviation team members utilize the breadth of their experience to assist our clients reach their goals.