Sheetmetal Technician Featured
- Chesterfield, Missouri
- Job ID
Sheetmetal Technician job at Flying Colours in Chesterfield MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible to perform structural works and reworks on aircrafts primary and secondary structure new part installation or modification: drilling boring riveting sealing corrosion protection paint touch upon fuselage cockpit wings empennage. Incumbent will have a general understanding of the sheet metal work process on aircraft structure up to and including repairing modifying and installation.
A Sheetmetal Technician Is core objective is to be able to and locate holes necessary for installation of new and/or repaired structural items to existing structure. using the approved design engineering and FAA requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to assemble and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns pneumatic guns pneumatic drills counter sinks rivet shavers files reamers rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure.
- Properly use hand power and machine tools to facilitate preparation cleaning and manufacturing processes of molds equipment parts assemblies or machinery.
- Perform simple inspection devices such as meters protractors veneers micrometers tapes tension or weight scales gages etc. to assure quality of operations processes performed.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding using clamps and wrenches.
- Read work orders blueprints and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts using templates scribes compass and steel rule.
- Clean strip prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts using metal fabricating machines saws brakes shears and grinders.
- Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE / HEALTH AND SAFETY:
The health and safety described here is representative of the requirements by an employee to protect a workers own health and safety by working in compliance with the law as well as conducting themselves in a manner that promotes safe work practices and procedures as established by the company.
This position operates in compliance with all Administrative Emergency Response Health and Safety Quality Assurance policies AS9100 and procedures as outlined in Company policy and Repair Station Manual(s).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE LICENSES ETC:
- High School Diploma. Knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheetmetal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A minimum of 1 years basic sheetmetal experience preferably within the aerospace / aviation industry. Moderate understanding of general job aspects a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of an MRP (Material Resources Planning) system strongly preferred; Corridor software a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math functions with whole numbers decimals and fractions and the ability to know how and when to use them.
- Key competencies related to working with a diverse group of individuals and departments are desirable.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention with one or two senses at a time where stimuli are changing.
- Occasional direct and indirect pressure from deadlines production quotas accuracy or similar demands.
- Willing to complete on the job training (OJT) in accordance with FCC Repair Station Manual.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally when required.
The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The location where this position functions is in a production environment which is subject to constant exposure to loud noise potential contact with hazardous/non-hazardous waste material and other safety hazards such as production tools aircraft monuments interior components: divans chairs other cabinets etc.
FLYING COLOURS CORP. encourages a diverse work force and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe inclusion is essential to our success as an international company. We encourage all candidates to apply as we do not discriminate on the basis of race colour religion marital status age national origin ancestry physical or mental disability medical condition pregnancy genetic information gender sexual orientation gender identity or expression veteran status or any other status protected under national or local law.
Flying Colours Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.