Reg Resp Thrpst Travel Flexstaff Hot
- New Hyde Park, New York
- Job ID
Reg Resp Thrpst Travel Flexstaff job at FlexStaff in New Hyde Park NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
1. Performs comprehensive respiratory assessment.
- Utilizes assessment data to determine patients actual or potential problems.
- Performs bedside pulmonary function studies as per physicians order.
- Collaborates with physicians on patients plan of care.
- Evaluates patients responses to respiratory care.
2. Utilizes a process in delivering care to assigned patients.
- Performs physical chest therapy (cupping) to loosen and mobilize secretions and mucus in the lungs and clears airway blockage in the patients respiratory system as needed.
- Assists in Pulmonary Stress Testing when necessary.
- Performs standard suctioning techniques as indicated collecting the appropriate requested specimens.
- Implements ventilator management/weaning protocols.
- Performs bronchial hygiene and airways care procedures.
- Collects blood for PH gas analysis notifies physicians of results and performs appropriate changes in ventilator parameters.
- Implements monitors and maintains non-invasive mechanical ventilation. Monitors gas exchange via non-invasive measures including pulse oximetry and capnography.
- Assists in the transport of mechanically ventilated patients with artificial airways.
- Administers oxygen and humidification therapy as per physicians order and department policy. Initiates monitors and adjusts parameters on continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies and renders care as per ACLS/BCLS standards.
- Provides emergent airway care including intubation as per department policy.
- Implements ventilator management adhering to protocols as per department and Intensive Care Unit standards.
3. Provides patient/family with respiratory therapy education as ordered.
4. Completes departmental paperwork as specified for each assignment completed and assists with inventory control.
5. Adheres to established infection control protocols and fire safety protocols.
6. Performs related duties as required.
ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited respiratory therapist program required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist (LIC-RT) in NY State required.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (CER-RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Advanced or Basic Life Support certification required.
Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team members base salary and/or rate several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g. location specialty service line years of relevant experience education credentials negotiated contracts budget and internal equity).
FlexStaff Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.