Technical Lead Aerospace Technical Publications Featured
- Derby, Vermont
- Job ID
Technical Lead Aerospace Technical Publications job at Flatirons Jouve in Derby VT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities?
Join our team!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become available.
Technical Lead Aerospace Technical Publications
Flatirons Solutions is looking for a confident decisive Technical Lead to plan and execute Technical Publications projects in accordance with customer requirements. The Project lead will drive the annual project planning for their customer(s) in support of overall organizational strategic objectives and manage subsequent month to month project activities to achieve the objectives defined in the annual organizational project plan.
As a Technical Lead you will have close interaction with other functional departments within the Flatirons business including but not limited to: Program/Project Management Resource Management Quality Management Sales and Sales Engineering as follows:
- Program Management to collectively establish initial project schedules in correlation with customer requirements to communicate project status and to raise issues/concerns that need to be taken to the customer.
- Quality Management to identify quality concerns and to recommend production process improvements.
- Sales Engineering to provide level of effort estimates on demand for new business development and existing customer expansion and to provide assumptions and constraints verbiage for Statement of Work (SOW) and Project Change Request (PCR) documents.
- Technical Capability Focal point for Technical Queries. Decisions arbitrating between the Team Leads Customer and Project Management as required.
As a Technical Lead you will .
- Be the assigned Project Technical focal of expert knowledge and support and be the ultimate arbiter of all training technical and process issues for both external and internal teams including QA and Senior Authors Technical and Trainee Authors.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for issues relating to Technical Data Production on the assigned Project(s).
- Be the focal point for all source data and definition queries where carried out by Flatirons on the assigned Project(s)
- Manage the customer technical relationship and serve as a day-to day Technical/Quality point-of-contact.
- Assists the Programme/Project Manager to develop and maintain project schedules to achieve on time deliveries in line with contractual KPIs.
- Author new and revised technical documentation compliant with data creation process guidelines style guides and best practice
- Identify project risks and manage mitigate or escalate as appropriate.
- Develop monthly list of deliverable projects by business line in correlation with the organizational strategic objectives available pipeline hard completion date requirements from customers and in accordance with monthly page count and revenue targets.
- Monitor level of effort estimates for all production roles and tasks required for successful completion of owned projects as set out by the Project/Programme Manager.
- Direct activities of all applicable production personnel on owned projects in support of deliverables development.
- Provide details to the Project/Programme Manager to support moving project completion dates in/out (schedule adjustments) based on shifting customer priorities and ongoing status of projects in process.
- Drive continual process improvement by continually evaluating the primary deliverables development process then identifying to the Project/Programme Manager to approval and initiating changes in areas for strategic improvements/efficiency gains.
Who we are looking for:
- Must be able to multi-task and manage a large number of projects effectively at the same time independently.
- Must be extremely well organized and have a comprehensive proven methodology for time management.
- Must be a confident quick-thinking independent problem solver who escalates issues only after exhausting all other options.
- Must be extremely detail oriented particularly in the area of maintaining large amounts of content in a living and continually morphing database.
- Must be a decisive leader who is comfortable taking control in a room full of professional technical writers illustrators and editors.
- Must be a strategic decision maker with the ability to weigh options on the fly and quickly take the proper direction based on available information.
- Must have exceptional communication skills including outstanding professional email communication capability as well as articulate and properly toned verbal delivery skills.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of workflow process preferably in a documentation development or high tech production scenario.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical Leading experience preferably in a Service Provision Technical Documentation environment or within the Engineering and Aerospace industry.
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Experience managing multiple multi-faceted projects at the same time with no or minimal oversight.
- Experience with workflow process tools preferably in a highly fluid production-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with aircraft/aerospace semiconductor and/or hi-tech industries is a plus.
- Familiarity with ATA iSpec S1000D and MIL standard concepts practices and procedures within technical publications illustrations development E-learning development or instructor-led training realm is a plus.
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel Microsoft Project experience using Confluence or similar shared-space wiki is a plus
- Experience using Business Process Management (BPM) software is a plus.
Miscellaneous Necessities of the Position:
Ability to travel up to 25% as needed
Due to export control requirements this position requires UK citizenship and satisfactory BPSS clearance requirements.
An exciting job in a global atmosphere working with state-of-the-art technology talented dedicated and experienced colleagues and world-class technology-driven customers. Flatirons is the type of organization where you will be able to have a significant impact in a growing marketplace make yourself heard and contribute to our overall success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as a high degree of independence and flexibility including the potential to work from your home office part of the working week.
Flatirons Solutions is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from individuals regardless of age disability sex gender sexual orientation pregnancy maternity race religion or belief marriage and civil partnership.
Flatirons Jouve Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.