Aircraft Mechanic LCK
- Columbus, Ohio
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic LCK job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Columbus OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics are involved in troubleshooting aircraft engines and systems, repairing, and replacing components in a Line Maintenance environment. Must possess FAA Airframe and Powerplant licenses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform Line maintenance (On-call and Scheduled) work on various customers' aircrafts.
- Perform routine maintenance and airworthiness releases (within scope of Approval) returning aircraft to service.
- Responsible for servicing, inspecting, and maintaining aircraft, aircraft engines, and associated components; effectively performs work to meet deadlines and performance goals.
- Troubleshoot systems; disassemble, repair, and reassemble sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to Approved Technical Data provided by the customer.
- Ensure all departing aircraft are safe in accordance with FAR’s and the air carrier/manufacturer manuals and all work performed is properly documented.
- Perform line maintenance duties, activities and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate with the air carrier’s maintenance control center as required.
Ability to frequently stand, walk, continually utilize hand, and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl, occasionally from height and in precarious places. Be able to frequently lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds. Aware he / she will be working near moving mechanical parts as well as around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals while exposed to loud noises. Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information. Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold. Must be able to read and write English. Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required. Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Aircraft technician with experience (2+ years)
- Aircraft technician must have B747-400/8 experience (2+ years)
- Aircraft Technician must have B777-200/300 ATA104 Level III Training experience (2+ years)
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License & valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.