Aircraft Fleet Mechanic
- Erlanger, Kentucky
- Job ID
Aircraft Fleet Mechanic job at FEAM Aircraft Maintenance in Erlanger KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
The fleet maintenance, GSE (Ground Support Equipment) reports to the GSE Lead and is responsible for the assisting the GSE operation and providing guidance and experience to GSE mechanics. In the absence of the GSE Lead a GSE Mechanic may assume the responsibilities of the GSE Lead as directed by the GSE manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshooting and repair of all fleet maintenance GSE equipment.
- Inspects fleet maintenance GSE (ground support equipment) and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and overseeing an ongoing program of preventative maintenance.
- Maintains tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items in safe operating condition.
- Following the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Responsible for completing all associated forms and reports for GSE work they perform such as but not limited to Work Orders, Purchase Requests, Time Sheets, Customers Service Forms, and internal tracking forms.
- Ensure the GSE shop is maintained in a neat and organized manner keeping their work area clean.
- Inspects ground support equipment and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventative maintenance.
- Report immediately to management, all unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
- Comprehend and understand basic electrical and mechanical diagrams, basic measuring tools, and owns basic hand tools.
- Must pass airport security background checks, have a flexible schedule, and travel for work as required.
- Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Is professional with great sales and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work safely in an environment containing caustic chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise.
- Willingness to assist persons with a wide range of requests and needs.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work on back and under or overhead vehicles and equipment for extended periods.
- Ability to frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl, occasionally from heights in precarious places.
- Be able to frequently lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Have the awareness that he/she will be working near and around moving mechanical parts, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals and exposure to loud noises.
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
- Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in Diesel and Gas maintenance of automobiles and truck maintenance and ground support equipment of similar field.
- Fleet maintenance of medium duty vehicles preferred.
- Experience in the repair of both auto and truck fleet mechanical preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible FULL-TIME employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental and a Vision Plan. Vacation and sick time-, short- and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Critical illness Insurance.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Aircraft Mechanic TPA Tampa FL
Aircraft Mechanic PDX Portland OR
Aircraft Mechanic PHX Tempe AZ
Aircraft Mechanic RIV Moreno Vally CA
Aircraft Mechanic SBD San Bernardino CA
Aircraft Mechanic DFW Grapevine TX
Aircraft Mechanic IAH Houston TX
Aircraft Mechanic AUS Austin TX
Administrative Assistant DEN Denver Co CO
EASA European Aviation Safety Agency B1 Level Columbus OH
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance Company Overview
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
- Job Feed
- News Feed